Status
Not open for further replies.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
10:33 PM
The expensive ammo crate visible in the build menu would normally be a mobile arsenal. It can't be carried but can be loaded via ace cargo or airlifted and allows the use of the liberation arsenal scrollwheel option when near it. We disabled this to pursue other options with crates. We'll either have that mobile arsenal reenabled in 0.6 or another option implemented.
It would be nice to be able for let's say a pilot is at base gets asked for a resupply so the pilot and "build" a basic ammo that has smoke, granades, M16 ammo and then let drop it off and the troops instead of people keep having to come back to base each time they need to rearm. I don't think pilots wanna have to keep manually loading up a Heli with stuff each time

Geki.T

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 HQ
S7 HQ
S3 HQ
S3 Staff
Local time
4:33 PM
Highly recommend turning down ACE Cook-off. Had a vehicle cook off for upwards of 30mins last night

Its cool to have, but it needs some tweaks so it doesn't get obnoxious.

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
11:33 PM
it was ment as a poke at geki's remark, but in experiance, try not to land where diffrent grounds merge or the ground is pointy, as it tends to go into the helicopter.

Last edited:

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
5:33 PM
it was ment as a poke at geki's remark, but in experiance try not to land where diffrent grounds merge or the ground is pointy, as it tends to go into the helicopter.
My bad. But yes I've learned from that experience and the many others.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
10:33 PM
Is there any buildable lights we can put down. If so i couldnt find them

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
9:33 PM
There's two objects with those halogen "construction site" lamps, both single and double. Search for word "double" in yellow category and you will immediately find them. They're not exactly "period accurate", but they will have to do.

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time

There will be a buildable lamp added in 0.6

Blackburn.A

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
A couple of small-ish questions:

• Could the ACE cargo of the UH-1D slicks be increased to 20 so they can carry more than one crate of supplies?
  • Could the shark-tooth skin be made available for the Hueys?

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
There will be a buildable lamp added in 0.6
Please make sure it's the "Lamp (Shoddy)" model and that the variant used is "(FAR)", the others are too weak of a lightsource.

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
Suggest adding a jet at main operation, with a long spawn timer, like 20 - 30 min, so we can show it off.

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
Suggest adding a jet at main operation, with a long spawn timer, like 20 - 30 min, so we can show it off.

A jet spawns each time the server is restarted. Any further will need to be purchased.

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
okay

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
## 0.96.7a-7cav-0.6
* Added: Respawning UH-1D on 10 minute delay to Operation Base on Cam Lao Nam
* Added: Buildable lamp to Cam Lao Nam
* Added: Hostile fob templates to Cam Lao Nam
* Added: Buildable ammo and medical crates
* Fixed: Pilots not having engineer perms on Cam Lao Nam
* Fixed: Airport Refuel/Repair/Rearm vehicles being airliftable - These are just for the master arm functionality at base
* Fixed: Vanilla FAKs not being converted to ACE bandages
* Fixed: Missing M-14 scopes in arsenal on Cam Lao Nam
* Fixed: Implemented potential fix for bugged AOs on Cam Lao Nam
* Fixed: 105MM Arty missing from build menu on Cam Lao Nam
* Fixed: Ignored buildings wasn't enabling properly on Chernarus
* Fixed: Incorrect variable name in manage_logistics.sqf
* Tweaked: Blufor/Opfor/Civilian/Resistance presets on Cam Lao Nam
* Tweaked: Increased supply crate value paramater
* Tweaked: Further performance optimizations
* Tweaked: Reenabled mobile arsenal buildable via build menu
* Tweaked: Convert all .HPP files into .INC
* Tweaked: Lowered duration and probability of cookoff
* Removed: Mousewheel earplugs option and CDLC gesture menu on Cam Lao Nam

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
  • Could the ACE cargo of the UH-1D slicks be increased to 20 so they can carry more than one crate of supplies?

The CH-34 should be used primarily for logistics. Some logistics changes already went in to improve things with 0.6. Additionally we'll be raising the cargo capacity of the CH-34 in a future version.

• Could the shark-tooth skin be made available for the Hueys?

This is already available if you utilize the Master Arm functionality from the red vehicles at operation base. Its a scrollwheel option when near those vehicles.

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
It's an issue for both Liberation servers (AI spawn / pathing script), but I'm posting it here because it got so silly I first turned it into a meme.

TL;DR - a 5-6 player squad conquers a tiny objective, as a response the Liberation script spawns 10-12 trucks of AA and manpad variety and/or infantry and does so about 5-10 km away, ridiculously far, with no roads connecting to the lost objective. This results in AI being "stuck" far away, useless and hogging server resources. I had to remove them manually each time this happened.

I know this is supposed to be a "QRF response" and sometimes it works well, but very often the script spawns a specific large group of trucks, bunched up together, unable to move, in a jungle clearing, on a steep slope of a mountain or compatible.

As an aside, the response scale is completely inadequate to the force that took the objective. The same script also spawned a PNVA gunboat (SPG-9, two ZSU AA pads, two DShKMs!) that I barely managed to stop from TPKing the whole retreating squad.

MPk7JCp.png

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
It's an issue for both Liberation servers (AI spawn / pathing script), but I'm posting it here because it got so silly I first turned it into a meme.

TL;DR - a 5-6 player squad conquers a tiny objective, as a response the Liberation script spawns 10-12 trucks of AA and manpad variety and/or infantry and does so about 5-10 km away, ridiculously far, with no roads connecting to the lost objective. This results in AI being "stuck" far away, useless and hogging server resources. I had to remove them manually each time this happened.

I know this is supposed to be a "QRF response" and sometimes it works well, but very often the script spawns a specific large group of trucks, bunched up together, unable to move, in a jungle clearing, on a steep slope of a mountain or compatible.

As an aside, the response scale is completely inadequate to the force that took the objective. The same script also spawned a PNVA gunboat (SPG-9, two ZSU AA pads, two DShKMs!) that I barely managed to stop from TPKing the whole retreating squad.

There are a couple things at play here. First: were there any radio towers near the objective? If so, those will call in reinforcements while the objective is active. It is advised to focus radio tower captures near objectives first.

Second: what was the alert level of the hostiles? If it was above 65% then they are considered to be at high alert and their response will at that point be disproportionate. Fob hunts are necessary to lower that heat level by destroying their ability to respond to you.

As for the location of the spawns issue some of this should be resolved soon, others will take more time as I have to do some heavy work to the mission.sqm to give them more/better spawns.

Also the response will eventually time out if it can't reach the objective and clean itself up.

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
I'm not sure how to check for the level of hostiles?

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
I'm not sure how to check for the level of hostiles?

On the map it's the exclamation mark on the right side. I think the tutorial you can access via the "How to Play" button on launch gives a rundown of that info as well but I'm not 100% on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.