Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
4:00 AM
Suggest adding lights to the build menu, maby the "Lamp_shabby" and "Lamp_shabby_far" two and four directions.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
3:00 AM
I think my last suggestion was lost.

Could be perhaps have boxes we can create that come form the resources pool. Like the premade boxes we could spawn on tac 2

Dread.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Active Duty
1-7 HQ
S3 HQ
ODS
Local time
9:00 PM
Suggest adding the CH-47 as the work horse for logistics. As interesting as it is to fly the Seahorse it is very limited on lift capacity. The 47 entered service in 1962, in full service in 1965, and at the climax of US involvement there were 21 companies supported by the airframe. Never thought I would ask for a Ch47 in ARMA for anything.

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
10:00 PM
Suggest adding the CH-47 as the work horse for logistics. As interesting as it is to fly the Seahorse it is very limited on lift capacity. The 47 entered service in 1962, in full service in 1965, and at the climax of US involvement there were 21 companies supported by the airframe. Never thought I would ask for a Ch47 in ARMA for anything.

We don't have a CH-47 that matches the era. RHS has the CH-47 that is used on tac2, which we're not running. The only 47 we'd have is the futuristic vanilla one that doesn't match the theme at all. We're considering other options for making supply runs less painful in vietnam.

Dread.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Active Duty
1-7 HQ
S3 HQ
ODS
Local time
We don't have a CH-47 that matches the era. RHS has the CH-47 that is used on tac2, which we're not running. The only 47 we'd have is the futuristic vanilla one that doesn't match the theme at all. We're considering other options for making supply runs less painful in vietnam.
Fair enough, my apologies I forgot we didn't have RHS loaded on tac 1.

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
the pilot partial repair function for ACE is not working right now. 2021-05-15

Raeder.U

Sergeant First Class
Retired
Local time
Wait, the cDLC doesn't have its own CH-47? I haven't really looked at Prairie Fire yet (busy irl) other than a 2hr stint during the 24hr OP, but I find that very odd considering how widely it was used in Vietnam

I am going to 2nd Lucander's suggestion that we get a free UH-1 at the operation base on a 10 or 15 minute respawn timer. Vanilla liberation has 2 free respawning transport/logi helo's so it makes sense

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
Wait, the cDLC doesn't have its own CH-47? I haven't really looked at Prairie Fire yet (busy irl) other than a 2hr stint during the 24hr OP, but I find that very odd considering how widely it was used in Vietnam

I am going to 2nd Lucander's suggestion that we get a free UH-1 at the operation base on a 10 or 15 minute respawn timer. Vanilla liberation has 2 free respawning transport/logi helo's so it makes sense

• Tac2 liberation has the CH-47 that respawns, a UH-60 that does not respawn, and 2 MH-6s that do not respawn.

• Tac1 liberation has the UH-34 Sea Horse that respawns, 6 UH-1D Huey Slicks that do not respawn, and 1 OH-6 Cayuse that does not respawn.

The non-respawning helicopters do however respawn each time the server is restarted which is twice a day.

If these are destroyed or any further helicopters are needed then they must be purchased using supplies at a fob capable of producing helicopters. One of the major foundations of this mission is protecting your available assets. If players are losing 6 transport helicopters in less than 12 hours then there needs to be a change to the way people are using helicopters. Adding a respawning Huey would simply encourage people to be more reckless with it which would go against the point of liberation having a supply/build system in the first place.

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
the pilot partial repair function for ACE is not working right now. 2021-05-15

This is a known issue, will be fixed it 0.6. In the meantime have atlas4 repair it or use the master arm functionality that you'll find via scrollwheel at the red airport vehicles at main base

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
  • Tac2 liberation has the CH-47 that respawns, a UH-60 that does not respawn, and 2 MH-6s that do not respawn.

• Tac1 liberation has the UH-34 Sea Horse that respawns, 6 UH-1D Huey Slicks that do not respawn, and 1 OH-6 Cayuse that does not respawn.

The non-respawning helicopters do however respawn each time the server is restarted which is twice a day.

If these are destroyed or any further helicopters are needed then they must be purchased using supplies at a fob capable of producing helicopters. One of the major foundations of this mission is protecting your available assets. If players are losing 6 transport helicopters in less than 12 hours then there needs to be a change to the way people are using helicopters. Adding a respawning Huey would simply encourage people to be more reckless with it which would go against the point of liberation having a supply/build system in the first place.

I spent 10 hours leading (with a bit of zeusing) on Tac 1 yesterday with a couple hours of flying earlier on and the day before. While I agree with the sentiment of protecting the assets you have and that being important. I feel like that assumes that we're playing a stable bug-free game. Way too often helicopters and even jets on landing (although I'm not the best with the F-4) will blow up due to Arma and mod bugs. It's unintended with how Liberation is set up but due to Arma physics you are punished by the game even when you do everything right.

Multiple pilots have talked about this and it happened to me too. I do a perfect feather-touch smooth as butter landing and it blows up. Getting better at flying these models is really a process of learning and memorizing the major bugs that can kill you.

-People bumping into or passing front of or touching the front of the huey, makes it jump and depending on the terrain can blow it up.
-Supply boxes being carrier if they clip the chopper or are dropped too close can make it blow up.
-Rocky textured ground will blow you up.
-Any object even close to the nose of the aircraft can blow it up.
-The seahorse will flip forward and blow up if you aren't pulling backwards on the stick as you're landing.

-Unrelated to the above but repairs even within distance or repair containers or trucks sometimes didn't fully repair the part that was damaged.

And I'm sure there's many more that I haven't experienced.

And don't get me wrong, we get it, it's a mod that has bugs for a game that has bugs...it's a little buggier than usual. But when you mix that with the costs in liberation the bugs punish you for wanting to fly...and in this map it's very necessary to fly people around.

I want to also add another note I noticed and I'm not sure if this is randomized but when the server started most of the supply places we took gave us fuel and we didn't have much in the way of supplies to switch them or add other supply output till later. It made it difficult to really expand or upgrade.

Also I didn't see medical container, I saw an ammo container and it's cost is very high, it's like on par with some vehicles [minus fuel and ammo]. Quite often the infantry was content to keep going to further objective but would start running low on supplies and had to be transported all the way back to base to resupply. Ammo and medical crates should be cheaper.

Also not sure why artillery isn't buildable. I put down a gun for PVT.Beiter and he did a great job and was a very useful asset to the infantry.

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
I want to also add another note I noticed and I'm not sure if this is randomized but when the server started most of the supply places we took gave us fuel and we didn't have much in the way of supplies to switch them or add other supply output till later. It made it difficult to really expand or upgrade.
These are randomized, each AO also spawns a couple crates as well when activated. Take some from a captured AO and bring them to a factory to change what the factory can build.

Also not sure why artillery isn't buildable. I put down a gun for PVT.Beiter and he did a great job and was a very useful asset to the infantry.

This is a bug that I can have fixed for 0.6, thank you for reporting it.

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
can we add the vanilia medical supply to the ACE convertion module so we can use the allied/enemy bandages when in need?

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
can we add the vanilia medical supply to the ACE convertion module so we can use the allied/enemy bandages when in need?

Edit: Just checked and Vanilla bandage conversion is actually disabled. Will enable it in 0.6. We're still waiting for the SOG DLC Ace compat though to fix some issues.

Last edited:

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
I spent 10 hours leading (with a bit of zeusing) on Tac 1 yesterday with a couple hours of flying earlier on and the day before. While I agree with the sentiment of protecting the assets you have and that being important. I feel like that assumes that we're playing a stable bug-free game. Way too often helicopters and even jets on landing (although I'm not the best with the F-4) will blow up due to Arma and mod bugs. It's unintended with how Liberation is set up but due to Arma physics you are punished by the game even when you do everything right.

Multiple pilots have talked about this and it happened to me too. I do a perfect feather-touch smooth as butter landing and it blows up. Getting better at flying these models is really a process of learning and memorizing the major bugs that can kill you.

-People bumping into or passing front of or touching the front of the huey, makes it jump and depending on the terrain can blow it up.
-Supply boxes being carrier if they clip the chopper or are dropped too close can make it blow up.
-Rocky textured ground will blow you up.
-Any object even close to the nose of the aircraft can blow it up.
-The seahorse will flip forward and blow up if you aren't pulling backwards on the stick as you're landing.

-Unrelated to the above but repairs even within distance or repair containers or trucks sometimes didn't fully repair the part that was damaged.

And I'm sure there's many more that I haven't experienced.

And don't get me wrong, we get it, it's a mod that has bugs for a game that has bugs...it's a little buggier than usual. But when you mix that with the costs in liberation the bugs punish you for wanting to fly...and in this map it's very necessary to fly people around.

Suggest adding 1 Slick helicopter, respawning at Operation Base, on a 10 min respawn.

After discussion with Liber we've decided to add 1 respawning UH-1D Slick at the Operation Base. This will be added in 0.6

Wulf.C Please make sure to submit that specific feedback on the Advanced Flight Model issues you're having via the DLC bug tracker: https://feedback.bistudio.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/32/

Last edited:

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
Also I didn't see medical container, I saw an ammo container and it's cost is very high, it's like on par with some vehicles [minus fuel and ammo]. Quite often the infantry was content to keep going to further objective but would start running low on supplies and had to be transported all the way back to base to resupply. Ammo and medical crates should be cheaper.

Like the at boxes, medical, basic ammo for example

The expensive ammo crate visible in the build menu would normally be a mobile arsenal. It can't be carried but can be loaded via ace cargo or airlifted and allows the use of the liberation arsenal scrollwheel option when near it. We disabled this to pursue other options with crates. We'll either have that mobile arsenal reenabled in 0.6 or another option implemented.

Geki.T

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 HQ
S7 HQ
S3 HQ
S3 Staff
Local time
Multiple pilots have talked about this and it happened to me too. I do a perfect feather-touch smooth as butter landing and it blows up.
Flashbacks to ACV intensify

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
"quick fix, fly basic." ACV First Sergeant quote 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.