Status
Not open for further replies.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
12:56 PM
So it seems when the mission resets the permissions all gets reset in terms of who can fly and stuff alike so till a commander does it nobody can fly even in a pilot slot

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time
8:56 AM
So it seems when the mission resets the permissions all gets reset in terms of who can fly and stuff alike so till a commander does it nobody can fly even in a pilot slot

This is a bug that is being worked on, should be fixed soon.

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
7:56 AM
72 hours later,
Update 0.96.7a-7cav-0.2

Markdown (GitHub flavored):
## 0.96.7a-7cav-0.2 (2021-04-28)
* Added: Cleanup Script to clear ruins and dropped weapons/ammo/items.
* Added: Blufor Preset for Desert Missions
* Added: Opfor Preset for Desert Missions
* Added: Arsenal Preset for Blacklist
* Added: Map - Diary features with clickable link to Website/Enlist/Discord and Teamspeak.
* Added: Server Rules on Map Screen Diary entry.
* Added: ACRE2 Radio Channels Guide --Addition by: Sypolt.R
* Added: Map Support for Chernarus
* Added: Map Support for Sahrani
* Added: Map Support for Takistan
* Added: ACE FRIES (Fast Roping) to `RHS_MH60` Variants, CH53 Variants, CH47 Variants, MH6 Variants.
* Added: Custom Graphic with 7th Cavalry Logo to Menu / Intro on mission load.
* Added: Mission Controller Slot.
* Added: Military Police Slot.
* Added: Zeus Module for both MP and Mission controller slots.
* Added: Missile Trolley as Fixed Wing Capacity modifier.
* Added: Special Thanks `RSC_Text` Field for Developers that have worked on the missions.
* Removed: Diesel Ground Power Unit as Fixed Wing Capacity modifier.
* Removed: Fog (I swear I did it this time).
* Tweaked: Preset configuration for Difficulty
* Tweaked: Fuel and Ammo Supply on Containers and Vehicles to be more realistic on size vs amount (Huron containers are double the amount, Trucks are kept the same, Vehicle ammo box and Flexible Fuel Container is reduced by half)
* Tweaked: Fuel Rate to "Full Fuel" is doubled for faster refueling.
* Tweaked: Ordinance to Pylon / Vehicle time is reduced for faster rearming.
* Fixed: FOB not deployed automatically on mission wipe/start.
* Fixed: AA Capabilities when at low Enemy Alert Level was too high.
* Fixed: Ctab / Android items being removed from inventory if pulled from arsenal.
* Fixed: Unable to spawn empty ammo/supply crates from build menu.
* Fixed: Ammo Values based on Caliber causing A10 Rearming to be 1 box per GAU-8 Round.
* Fixed: Intro/Menu buttons hard to see.
* Fixed: ACE Radio Channel Name Presets not configured *(Altis Only Right Now - Wait for 0.3 Update)*
* Fixed: No Default Permissions for mission wipe/starts.
* Fixed: Errors from Zen Mod causing scripts to not function.
* Fixed: No Zeus Camera for MP's
* Fixed: AI will hit spawn cap when players are in area that has 3 or more objectives within 2km.
* Fixed: Helicopter/Fixed Wing Capacity -1/-1E8 or showing excessive counts.
* Fixed: RHS_AFRF too heavily armored to kill with RHS Weapons.

Should be available soon.

Last edited:

Dread.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Active Duty
1-7 HQ
S3 HQ
ODS
Local time
As a pilot I appreciate all of the quick responses.

As for the questions about AA:
There were approximately x4 fixed wing attacks. There was no fixed wing friendly assets up during our SP. Someone stated it was AA near the objective in the form of x2 shilkas. This wasn’t our threat. We were approximately 5-6 km from the AO ground forces were at for 90% of the SP. We only went to the ground objective area at the end of SP. We were getting nailed from squares that individual players were activating. The last 20 or so minutes of SP I kept getting radar pings and missile warnings. The fog was so thick I couldn’t see the direction or type of threat.

Thank you for the updates on the files. A lot of improvements and adjustments.

No repair permissions for crew can be a problem. We’re always willing to find a work around and adjust. However there wasn’t anyone in any slot that could repair a bird regardless if they were slotted in two different kinds of engineer slots.

This mission file has been around for several years. I personally ran the earlier versions of this file on a private server with Ajax and a few personal friends before I joined the Cav. It is a lot of fun, and it has a lot of potential to grow a crowd. It does require strong leadership, or it starts getting a cowboy COD feel to it if assets aren’t limited to slotting. It used to be plagued with a bloat on performance over time. I can’t speak to the fact if that has been reduced.

It is neat that the bases are all player designed and placed, but it isn’t very advantageous to SP if a section leader has to play parking attendant simulator 2021 before an sp starts.

Last edited:

Burton.P

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time

There were approximately x4 fixed wing attacks. There was no fixed wing friendly assets up during our SP. Someone stated it was AA near the objective in the form of x2 shilkas. This wasn’t our threat. We were approximately 5-6 km from the AO ground forces were at for 90% of the SP. We only went to the ground objective area at the end of SP. We were getting nailed from squares that individual players were activating. The last 20 or so minutes of SP I kept getting radar pings and missile warnings. The fog was so thick I couldn’t see the direction or type of threat.

No repair permissions for crew can be a problem. We’re always willing to find a work around and adjust. However there wasn’t anyone in any slot that could repair a bird regardless if they were slotted in two different kinds of engineer slots.

This mission file has been around for several years. I personally ran the earlier versions of this file on a private server with Ajax and a few personal friends before I joined the Cav. It is a lot of fun, and it has a lot potential to grow a crowd. It does require strong leadership, or it starts getting a cowboy COD feel to if assets aren’t limited to slotting. It used to be plagued with a bloat on performance over time. I can’t speak to the fact if that has been reduced.

It is neat that the bases are all player designed and placed, but it isn’t very advantageous to SP if a section leader has to play parking attendant simulator 2021 before an sp starts.
It would be prudent to remember that Tac 2 is not for the sake of Cav members' SPs. While it can be used on occasion as such, the primary goal for Tac 2 is for the public enjoyment and as a recruitment tool.

Dio.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
8:56 AM
It would be prudent to remember that Tac 2 is not for the sake of Cav members' SPs. While it can be used on occasion as such, the primary goal for Tac 2 is for the public enjoyment and as a recruitment tool.
It does however need to have that flexibility for the cav to use in SP's. Doing SP's on Tac2 not only benefits in transparency to the public of what completing the minimum trooper requirement actually looks like; but also showcases the abilities of the squads and our training. This all translates into recruitment.

Ronnings.P

CW2
Retired
Local time
1:56 PM

Seeing as there is a requirement for SPs to be run on Tac-2, this statement is somewhat false.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
Seeing as there is a requirement for SPs to be run on Tac-2, this statement is somewhat false.
I have never seen this requirement.

Burton.P

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
That's something that should be taken up your CoC. To my understanding there's no battalion-wide orders for SPs on Tac 2.

Ronnings.P

CW2
Retired
Local time
1:56 PM
That's something that should be taken up your CoC. To my understanding there's no battalion-wide orders for SPs on Tac 2.

Not my CoC anymore. Just saying it is a requirement for at least A Co.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
anyways moving on.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
In a brighter news enjoying the Logi aspect of the mission so far speant a good while transporting supplies via the CH-47 for a good few hours last night before WFW. Looking forward to what is to come.

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time

This mission file has been around for several years. I personally ran the earlier versions of this file on a private server with Ajax and a few personal friends before I joined the Cav. It is a lot of fun, and it has a lot potential to grow a crowd. It does require strong leadership, or it starts getting a cowboy COD feel to if assets aren’t limited to slotting. It used to be plagued with a bloat on performance over time. I can’t speak to the fact if that has been reduced.

Oops, I forgot to add in the changelog.
Pilots have engineer.
its faster to refuel and resupply ammo now too.

I think if you take it as an operation, I think you'd find it more enjoyable. Should be easier to maintain SP's on now.

**NOTE
ARSENAL Whitelist
- was something we needed to check and see if viable. -- please don't be too harsh about it cause apparently 30s after release I got inundated with responses about it. consider it WIP for awhile, but RHS - AFRF assets may be moved around here or there to keep people from using uniforms / gear that makes it difficult to PID.

Dread.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Active Duty
1-7 HQ
S3 HQ
ODS
Local time
I appreciate the sentiment of the statement. As stated it is a requirement for certain units. I also appreciate that the file isn’t Cavitised yet.

However, the public server is the primary recruiting tool for a server browsing player. It is also what a lot of recruits checkout after they’re recruited from a media source. It should represent the functionality and some of the structure they will see after they join. None of that was present the night of SP. I’m certain overtime it will get there. Tons of work and progress has already taken place.

Dread.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Active Duty
1-7 HQ
S3 HQ
ODS
Local time
Minor suggestion for future mission updates.
The physics for the MH-6 little bird were tweaked a few patches back with RHS. The pilot is limited on speed, maneuverability, and lift with more than 4 people onboard in advanced flight model (cargo weight not modeled in basic flight). Would it be possible to do (1) MH-6 and (1) UH-60 for the starting transport birds?

Last edited:

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
Minor suggestion for future mission updates.
The physics for the MH-6 little bird were tweaked a few patches back with RHS. The pilot is limited on speed, maneuverability, and lift with more than 4 people onboard in advanced flight model (cargo weight not modeled in basic flight). Would it be possible to do (1) MH-6 and (1) UH-60 for the starting transport birds?
Funny enough, 0.3 has work going towards replacing the MH-6 with one.

I'm hoping to be done with it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.