Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucander.P

Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
1:47 PM
Request a tweak on the "cant build next to" circle on the "Flight Control", "Helipad" (in logistics) and "MIM-145 Defender".

It is really irritating not being able to build it back into a protected area after you lose it.

Bethea.A

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/1-7
S6 Staff
Local time
6:47 AM
Request a tweak on the "cant build next to" circle on the "Flight Control", "Helipad" (in logistics) and "MIM-145 Defender".

It is really irritating not being able to build it back into a protected area after you lose it.

The radar and SAM site have been added to the collision exception list and can be placed anywhere. The change has been rolled into the TFAR compatible version and will be present once we switch the mods.

Lucander.P

Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
1:47 PM
TFAR Green force radio in Pandor 2, the " ANPRC155 ". Anyway of changing that to the " RT1523g "?

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
12:47 PM
TFAR Green force radio in Pandor 2, the " ANPRC155 ". Anyway of changing that to the " RT1523g "?
I cant get in game rn but its in the keybinding to switch the radios

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
Lucander.P It might actually be a faction issue thinking about it

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
Till the new pandur skins are out. Can the texture of the pandur on the build menu be change to be a bit darker on the guerrilla 03 paint with camo net?

Bethea.A

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/1-7
S6 Staff
Local time
Till the new pandur skins are out. Can the texture of the pandur on the build menu be change to be a bit darker on the guerrilla 03 paint with camo net?

Checking on the ETA for the Pandur skin with S3. No sense in doing the work twice. Will provide an update when one is available.

Bethea.A

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/1-7
S6 Staff
Local time
As promised the update:

S3 has a loose deployment date within the next week. Going to hold off until the new skin is out.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
As promised the update:

S3 has a loose deployment date within the next week. Going to hold off until the new skin is out.
Sure thing. Will the new TacR CEOI be added somewhere on TacR?

Bethea.A

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/1-7
S6 Staff
Local time
We are updating the radio diary entry and working through adding in billboards.

I have the billboards in as objects that can be built via the build menu but I really want them to be built automatically with FOBs. I made some good progress but haven't had time this week to put anything else into it yet.

Local time
4:47 AM
Question, does Atlas 4 have EOD permissions? With the amount of IEDs that we've earned on TacR, kinda frustrating to drive anywhere.

Bethea.A

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/1-7
S6 Staff
Local time
Question, does Atlas 4 have EOD permissions? With the amount of IEDs that we've earned on TacR, kinda frustrating to drive anywhere.
They should be flagged as an ACE Engineer.

Local time
Gotcha. I've crawled up on a number of IEDs as Atlas 4, with the defusal kit, and haven't gotten any 'defuse' option, so just wanted to check.

Sam.T

1st Lieutenant
Active Duty
1/B/1-7 HQ
S7 HQ
S3 Staff
Local time
7:47 AM
Gotcha. I've crawled up on a number of IEDs as Atlas 4, with the defusal kit, and haven't gotten any 'defuse' option, so just wanted to check.
Some of our older mission files featured a callsign known as "Havoc," specifically for demolitions and EOD. It is not reflected in many of our newer files. Atlas-4 should have engineering perms for logistical services and vehicle repairs, not EOD perms for handling IEDs.

My advice for handling them is to utilize vehicle-mounted heavy weapons to detonate them or additional explosive charges to perform a controlled detonation. Also, preventing them from happening in the first place by minimizing the negative impacts on CIVREP goes a long way.

I'm unsure how feasible it is to add Havoc back to the roster, as it's a very niche role that honestly shouldn't be needed on Hearts and Minds. Plus, it is my understanding that, as a Battalion, we no longer train on EOD. Generally speaking, TacR mirrors slotting and training present in the Battalion.

Local time
Oh, I very much remember the old days of Havoc/Apollo. I'm fine with doing controlled dets and utilizing mounted .50s to remove them. Just sometimes they're a little close to civilian buildings, so was trying to limit collateral.

Bethea.A

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/1-7
S6 Staff
Local time
Oh, I very much remember the old days of Havoc/Apollo. I'm fine with doing controlled dets and utilizing mounted .50s to remove them. Just sometimes they're a little close to civilian buildings, so was trying to limit collateral.

Just closing the loop on this. It will vary from mission file to mission file potentially as the trait is set on a specific unit in the editor. I did confirm the Altis file has both Advanced Engineer and EOD perms selected for Atlas-4.

We will check for them as we publish files but if you come across any perm issues feel free to drop a line in this thread.

Vincent.L

First Sergeant
Active Duty
B/1-7 HQ
RRD HQ
RTC HQ
S1 HQ
S5 Staff
Local time
7:47 AM
Being able to build all vehicles without resources in TacR was a good idea but I think it makes the resource gathering rather useless. I think that either putting the vehicles on timers for respawn or make certain base vehicles like the M2 armed Strykers and Humvees free. Then make all of the other vehicles reduced in cost.

Robbi.J

Major
Active Duty
AG HQ
Local time
Being able to build all vehicles without resources in TacR was a good idea but I think it makes the resource gathering rather useless. I think that either putting the vehicles on timers for respawn or make certain base vehicles like the M2 armed Strykers and Humvees free. Then make all of the other vehicles reduced in cost.
We'll look at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.