Not open for further replies.

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
11:56 AM
I'm confussed what you're asking for then. I read your post as -

If people use halo script [snip] instead of riding with the transport pilots [then they are breaking the ROE]

Am I misunderstood?
i was refering to transport pilots flying logistics mission, they are technicly breaking the ROE, it was a comment that had to do with the limitations of the HALO script block, when buffalo pilots are on.

It was a response to the comment that, if we open a logistic slot then more people will fly in to the objective and leave the helicopter, but i havent seen it happen ones yet.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
10:56 AM
I mean if a someone who was flying transport did a drop off and didnt wanna just sit around for 30-40 mins doing nothing i wouldnt blink a eye if they decided to do a Logi run

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
sure, as long as the transport pilot prioritize transporting the ground eliment when asked.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
So yeah no issue then

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
I think the idea for the Logi pilot is that when there are other pilots on and somebody wants to do Just logi flying then they can use that slot knowing that they would be at the end of the list for being asking by the ground elements to do a pick up

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
yea, i asked for an additional logi pilot slot and a crewchef slot for them, so we can have someone on the gun to check under the helicopter when needed.

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time
6:56 AM
If buffalo pilots are ignoring infantry requests for pickup then that becomes an admin issue. The point of the buffalo slot is infantry transport, not supply transport. That's why the Atlas-4 pilot doesn't lock out the halo script, only the buffalo pilots do. Once 0.7 hits it shouldn't be as much of an issue because the UH-34 will be able to clear out factories by itself with its greatly expanded inventory.

As for frequencies on the map, that's certainly doable. Could someone list what the currently accepted frequencies are? I haven't found enough time recently to play to see what people are using for freqs.

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time
Any way we get add extra radios to the racks because. It's all good and dandy having a freqz for things like air to air but what about air to ground if you only for one radio on the bird. Yeah you can take one on your back but if you crash you wanna be light and mobile to get away

We're continuing to look at the rack radios. The F-4 still has its 117Fs for example. Part of the issue here is the DLC developers put ACRE rack radio code into the DLC for the helicopters but did not do so for the Jets. Its a very weird situation. I'm hoping they unify them at some point.

Whitfield.L

Reservist
Reserve
Local time
On the note of adding & properly utilizing Radios, can a CEOI be drafted up for use with Infantry, Air to Air & Ground to Air...?

Lately, I have seen -
34.10 - General
34.20 - Air to Air
34.30 - Ground to Air

It would be lovely to have a standard set.

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time
Someone please fill this out with the appropriate freqs:

xx.xx = GUNSLINGER PLTNET
xx.xx = CTAF
xx.xx = SABRE
xx.xx = IDF
xx.xx = CAS
xx.xx = TRANSPORT AIR
xx.xx = ATLAS
xx.xx = CONVOY
xx.xx = MISSION CONTROL
xx.xx = COMMAND

Whitehead.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
Arsenal Missing All 22mm Rifle Grenades :(
and some spawnable empty boxes would be nice
i know this probably wont happen but some way to import custom music into the radio

Last edited:

Blackburn.A

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
i was refering to transport pilots flying logistics mission, they are technicly breaking the ROE, it was a comment that had to do with the limitations of the HALO script block, when buffalo pilots are on.

It was a response to the comment that, if we open a logistic slot then more people will fly in to the objective and leave the helicopter, but i havent seen it happen ones yet.
I can comment on this. When I was on Tac-1, I frequently found myself with a helicopter to fly after slotting as Buffalo-1. I was therefore forced often to go on supply runs to get the supplies to actually build the helicopter I would need to fly per my role.

The issue arose in the fact that people were getting upset on why the Buffalo pilot is doing resupply when it violates the server rules. If you don't have someone like Massie (or myself around midnight) doing solid supply runs for hours, you can't guarantee that you will have what you need to actually play the role you slotted as. Hence why I still find myself, as a transport helicopter pilot, grabbing a deuce-and-a-half to do supply runs to get the supplies/fuel/ammo to build my airframe.

Dread.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Active Duty
1-7 HQ
S3 HQ
ODS
Local time
5:56 AM
I can comment on this. When I was on Tac-1, I frequently found myself with a helicopter to fly after slotting as Buffalo-1. I was therefore forced often to go on supply runs to get the supplies to actually build the helicopter I would need to fly per my role.

The issue arose in the fact that people were getting upset on why the Buffalo pilot is doing resupply when it violates the server rules. If you don't have someone like Massie (or myself around midnight) doing solid supply runs for hours, you can't guarantee that you will have what you need to actually play the role you slotted as. Hence why I still find myself, as a transport helicopter pilot, grabbing a deuce-and-a-half to do supply runs to get the supplies/fuel/ammo to build my airframe.
This is the issue I usually run into. I’ll have someone ping me in TS to fly for them, and when I log in I found myself doing Logi runs just to fly for them.

Not enforceable nor should it be a rule, but if you crash or get shot down please be a champ and run logi for one run and not just log out or switch roles

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time

If you log in to a buffalo pilot slot and realize there is no helicopter (which shouldn't be a problem anymore since there is a respawning one), and no supply, and no atlas 4 getting supply. You need to reslot before going and performing logistical duties.

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
## 0.96.7a-7cav-0.7
* Tweaked: Increased ace cargo space to 40 for the CH-47 and UH-34
* Tweaked: Cleaned up all map SQMs
* Tweaked: Adjusted permissions for adminlogged zeus
* Tweaked: Reduced chance of snake bite
* Fixed: Infantry being ejected from doorgunner/crew chief seats
* Fixed: Missing helicopter helemts on Cam Lao Nam
* Fixed: Missing rifle grenades on Cam Lao Nam
* Fixed: Reduced refresh time on Production menu
* Fixed: Removed AI support system not in use

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
## 0.96.7a-7cav-0.7.1 PATCHFIX
* Fixed: Allow epinephrine use by anyone

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
i suggest

31.00 = GUNSLINGER PLTNET
32.00 = SABRE
33.00 = IDF
34.00 = CAS
35.00 = TRANSPORT AIR
36.00 = CTAF
37.00 = ATLAS
38.00 = CONVOY
39.00 = MISSION CONTROL
40.00 = COMMAND

and the .10 to .90 for each freq to be sub freq, if you need extra group nets, not that it will be used often.

edit: CTAF to 6 in the order so 36

Last edited:

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
When was the UH-34 getting the cargo space upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.