7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

A Southside Update...

Roark.W

Corporal
Retired
Local time
9:52 AM
Good morning 7th Cavalry!!! Man, it's been a long time...

I cannot believe I initially joined this place back in 2009, 14 years ago and I'm still hanging around checking in on you all.

Those of you who still know me personally, know about my medical history. I was diagnosed with Craniopharyngioma (a rare brain tumor in 1976). After three surgeries to remove the tumor, my pituitary gland was destroyed and some ventricles. They placed a Ventricular Shunt that was only supposed to last ten years at the time.

Today, the told sucker is 48 years old, and it's malfunctioning off and on. When that happens, I black out and lose track of time, usually falling after fainting. I've had seven surgeries over the past 18 months to repair the thing. It's been quite a hassle in my old age. I'm 55 now and turning 56 in the fall.

Anyway, there's always r3eason to keep hope alive. I'm very full of hope for my future.

Today, I still care for my now 81 year old mother. My dad passed in 2017, and being her only single child, I, of course, moved home to care for her. I do her laundry, house cleaning and cooking plus yard stuff around the house. It keeps me busy and keeps my mind off of the negatives.

So there's my update. I certainly hope you guys and gals are doing well. As my dad used to say, "Getting older is not for sissies." He got that right.

So, anyway, I'll catch you guys up more later. I'm so very thankful for this place and the people I've known in my time here. I hope you are all enjoying this place like I did in my time.

Onward...

Southside Out.

Signed,
Roark.Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:

Thumper.N

1st Lieutenant
Active Duty
A/1-7 HQ
S7 HQ
Local time
10:52 AM
Glad to see you still kicking around Southside

Tyszka.C

Sergeant
Active Duty
S7 Staff
1/B/ACD SL/ASL
Local time
Happy to read you’re still doing as well as you can be!

DAmico.D

Sergeant
Active Duty
S2 HQ
S6 Staff
Local time
Glad to hear back from you Southside. Hope things are going well still