Active Duty
1/B/1-7 SL/ASL
S7 Staff
S3 Staff
Local time
3:46 AM
S3Header.png

Arma 3: Tactical Realism Feedback Thread

This thread will be where feedback for Tactical Realism is collected to help facilitate the development process. Please be constructive with feedback to provide clear changes that you would like to see made. Keep in mind that all mission devs are volunteers who have put tons of work into making this server possible and want to see it succeed.

Any issues with the current file in terms of crashing or requests for restarts should be directed to the 7th Cavalry Discord. All individuals able to assist with these issues are reachable with the @tactA3 tag.

For players new to the server, you can find the mods on the Tactical Realism Steam Workshop Collection.

Please see here for more information about the Tactical Realism server.

Regards,
1LT.Mazinski

Attachments

• 7Cav_Presets_May_10_2022.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

Dio.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
6:46 AM
Would it be possible to have a game mechanic in place for people willing to return BLUFOR/CIV bodybags? Maybe it gives you cav bucks towards certain vehicles in the spawner or something? Or it could give you 1 teleport ticket where somebody could gain acess to a "parachute in " option.

Also, can we add more Nemmera among other vehicles to be spawned at the vehicle spawner.

Sutodoreh.W

CW4
Active Duty
2/A/1-7 HQ
MP Staff
S7 Staff
Local time
Bug/Issue report: Most current maps do not have a permanent AH-6M spawn, requiring Zeus to spawn it in instead. Also, neither AH-6M (Sparrow-1) nor MH-6M is accessible via the 7Cav spawner.

I was also thinking, is there a way to tweak the way in which we get penalized negative reputation whenever someone respawns? At the moment, the entire player base loses rep whenever someone respawns -- which I do actually think is a fair system, but unfortunately since so many people don't realize there's a respawn penalty it just forces us to always be in the negatives. Another option could be to award negative reputation upon going unconscious, but then award positive reputation upon being restored back to consciousness by a medic so that medics have a direct impact on the reputation aspect of the mission file.

Dio.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
Hey it would be great to throw in Zlobins old camo script. I think with how big our arsenal is now it gives people a lot of variety and with that script it adds a reason to select certain pieces of gear. Zlobin tells me his script wasn’t a resource hog either?

Idk just another way to distinguish ourselves with something really cool we built in the past. This time we would advertise it more for sure though so that people would be aware it exists and it isn’t just a word of mouth rumour again :cautious:

Especially for the ghillie suits and the cav scout squads who come and do their sp on TACR. We can better do our reconnaissance training.

Last edited:

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
10:46 AM
Hey it would be great to throw in Zlobins old camo script. I think with how big our arsenal is now it gives people a lot of variety and with that script it adds a reason to select certain pieces of gear. Also realengine was a great thing we had before and it would be nice to consider having that come back. I think both of those things are not catastrophic to server performance right? Zlobin tells me his script wasn’t a resource hog either?

Idk just another way to distinguish ourselves with something really cool we built in the past. This time we would advertise it more for sure though so that people would be aware it exists and it isn’t just a word of mouth rumour again :cautious:

Especially for the ghillie suits and the cav scout squads who come and do their sp on TACR. We can better do our reconnaissance training.
out of curiosity, what do these do?

Dio.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
the script will allow enemy to walk on top of you if your stealthy enough with correct camo pattern to match environment. It was well built and i believe it just matches values of terrain your actively standing on to what your wearing. So taking certain routes becomes more important. On the flip side... when people wear ridiculous shit they get you murdered. But i mean they probably do that because theres no game mechanic to make them prioritize a reasonable pattern/camo

Last edited:

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
the script will allow enemy to walk on top of you if your stealthy enough with correct camo pattern to match environment. It was well built and i believe it just matches values of terrain your actively standing on to what your wearing. So taking certain routes becomes more important. On the flip side... when people wear ridiculous shit they get you murdered. But i mean they probably do that because theres no game mechanic to make them prioritize a reasonable pattern/camo
sounds awesome

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
Not sure if aware and I believe its every map but the Vic spawn on the land pad blows up each and every time and with the cool down its pushing some away from server. I do know that the air spawn pad does work as a short term fix but only if people know about it before hand

Boyd.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
Could we have some kind of deployment options for when there is no pilots again? having to drive 10+KM to get to the AO is a bit much when there is not pilots on. a Halo drop would be awesome, same as before, only when no pilots on.

Perry.W

Corporal
Retired
Local time
Could you please add the UH-1Y Venom from the modpack into the vehicle spawner for pilots? This is an extremely useful medium utility helicopter, and is very forgiving to fly!
There are two variants, the UH-1Y and the UH-1Y (MG). Both fit 9 passengers, one has crew controlled MGs on both sides.

Munitions:
The UH-1Y "Super Huey" features LAU Rocket Launcher Variants with up to 19 slots per pod, available Hydra 70 rocket variants explained below:
APKWS HEAT/MPP: Laser Guided High Explosive Anti-Tank/Multi-Purpose Penetrator
Poniard: Infared Guided Light Anti-Tank
MPSM: Multi-Purpose Submunitions
HE: High Explosive
APERS: Anti-Personel
Flares/IR Flares

Pros:
Realistic and easy to fly
High visual fidelity
Guided/Unguided Hydra 70 Variants for All Ground Threats
High Rocket Count w/Extremely Effective Rockets (up to 38 total)
High Passenger Count (BlackHawk fits 11)
Ideal for CAS Insert/Exfil, CSAR, or Light Scout roles
Includes FRIES Fast Rope Insert/Extract System

Cons:
Top Speed in Advanced FM 200km/h flat and level
Must have Observer in Co-Pilot seat to operate camera, co-pilot cannot slew camera while controls are held. Pilot cannot access camera.
Light Armor, MG variant does not have doors that can be closed.

UH-1Y-Venoms-scaled.jpg

"The Bell UH-1Y combines combat-proven power with dependable components—arming you for the toughest missions"
"Designed to insert and extract small teams...Proven airborne sniper platform. Fully armed CAS platform, ready to support your operators."
Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Whitehead.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
Erm we have just found out that you can slot as the commander and get full zeus perms that slot probably needs whitelisting or something to stop pub players getting access

Stetchkov.A

Aide to the CoS
Major
Active Duty
COS HQ
S6 HQ
WAG Staff
Local time
Not sure if anyone else shares the sentiment, but there doesn't need to be an MCC every time we get a decent amount of players on the server. Sometimes we just want to do liberation/the base mission file and often times it's been disruptive when we've had a good pace going after taking the time to set up AOs and plans.

Tharen.R

Regimental Adjutant General
Major General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
Local time
Not sure if anyone else shares the sentiment, but there doesn't need to be an MCC every time we get a decent amount of players on the server. Sometimes we just want to do liberation/the base mission file and often times it's been disruptive when we've had a good pace going after taking the time to set up AOs and plans.

They are optional and you can elect not to participate.

Stetchkov.A

Aide to the CoS
Major
Active Duty
COS HQ
S6 HQ
WAG Staff
Local time
We should tell the people doing the MCC's that.
We ran into an issue the other day also when the MCC started that the OPFOR held objectives were not spawning units, this may need to be looked into further as well with the liberation mode.

Hans.D

Reservist
Reserve
Local time
5:46 AM
They are optional and you can elect not to participate.
Earlier last week a controller changed OPFOR to friendly forces and GREENFOR to enemy forces to facilitate an MCC. This forced all players to either participate or run around shooting contacts that would not shoot back.

It's also been pretty common for MCC controllers to leave the "optional" part implied and just start ordering players to RTB which confuses public players into thinking they have to participate.

Whitehead.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
might need to turn on the blue fracture thing when a splint is applied it still fully heals broken bones making the new ace pharmacy surgery stuff redundent

Bane.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
Local time
First time leaving a suggestion here, so not sure what the protocol is, and this is just for the current Liberation maps only. I understand that they are not sole property of the Cav and that there are limitations as to what we can do, but here are my 2 cents:
  1. Seems to me that there is always an issue of transporting supplies on liberation maps, due to the fact that there are only 2 Atlas-4 slots, but lots of pilot slots. Would it be more prudent to have more Atlas-4 slots in order to transport more supplies without needing to take a pilot slot and thus prevent other units from halo-dropping to their objectives? And I'm not talking a lot here, but maybe just like 2 more in Atlas-4?

2. also better to have 4 atlas-4 slots just for the fact there always seems to be a need to repair vehicles XD

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
11:46 AM
1. Please tweak the Ace setting to load and unload boxes to make it go faster, as 15 seconds for loading every box is a really long time, especially when loading 5-6 boxes per stop.

2. Add all Russian RHS vehicles to the Salvage list and give them appropriate 75 % of equal US buy amount.

3. Please tweak repair settings, suggest halved to 15 seconds from 30 seconds.

4. Add in Atlas 3 with 4 slots with helicopter pilot and advanced repairmen privileges.

Last edited: