7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

Update on my Health

Roark.W

Corporal
Retired
Local time
4:16 AM
A lot has changed since I went on Medical ELOA a couple of months ago. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

In November, my 4th month of dialysis treatment, one friendly donor came forward. My odds of getting a living donor and having a quick track to transplant were slim, to say the least. First off, she qualified to be tested. After two months of testing, news finally reached me about her progress and my chance at getting a live donor transplant.

Now, a live donor is the absolute best option for getting a kidney transplant. Getting a dead donor means having to wait 4-8 years, and then you have to be careful about the kidney as to the health of the person who died. Having a dead donor is a much less successful process, and less successful at me living as long as I could with a live donor.

Most people who know me know I believe in God. Well this was a huge God-thing. She is a match! Not only is she a match, but she's an ideal match. That means that there is a much less chance of me rejecting her kidney.

So guess what? We're scheduled for a kidney transplant surgery on March 3rd!!! How awesome is that? Most people who know me also know that I've been dealing with chronic kidney disease since 1976, when I was 8 years old, 45 years ago. This is a dream come true.

I'm hopeful that, after surgery and a 4-8 week recovery period, that I will be more able to return to active duty and continue with you guys on my Cav Career.

I'm forever grateful to those of you who donated to my Go Fund Me account. Come to find out, we need the money to hire a caretaker to help get me out of bed, dressed and such. I'll also have some copays for some of the transplant recovery medication. So your efforts are going to a very good use.

This place has always been a second home to me. I'm grateful beyond words. Peace.

Onward,

Roark

Cosme.O

Captain
Discharged
S7 Staff
Local time
5:16 AM
That's awesome news!

Rock.B

2nd Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
Fantastic news! Wish you a successful surgery and a full and speedy recovery!

Beckett.A

Corporal
Retired
Local time
Such great news! It's crazy to see how far you've come and made to better your life. Couldn't have happened to a better guy than you. Take it easy and hope to hear the good news after the operation. Keep us update Southside

Roark.W

Corporal
Retired
Local time
Such great news! It's crazy to see how far you've come and made to better your life. Couldn't have happened to a better guy than you. Take it easy and hope to hear the good news after the operation. Keep us update Southside
Beckett, thank you very much my friend. I'm grateful to everyone who wears or has worn the Yellow and Black.

Roark.W

Corporal
Retired
Local time

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
9:16 AM

Here’s a news release on my story. I hope y’all enjoy.
Awesome to hear. Your strength is an inspiration, Brother! Stay strong and all the best :)

Cosme.O

Captain
Discharged
S7 Staff
Local time

Here’s a news release on my story. I hope y’all enjoy.

This is so wholesome! Thank you for sharing your story! Now why didn't you say "Join The Cav" at the end!? 😋

Rin.I

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
Local time
9:16 AM
I was in the Cav way way back, and I've just heard that you are unwell. I always respected the heck out of you as a person and you gave me wise counsel on more than one occasion!

I am so glad that you have a transplant date, and I look forward to your speedy return to health brother!

Ex MAJ Hogg/Mr Hedgehog

Cas.

Once Yellow and Black, Always Yellow and Black.

Last edited: