Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
4:31 AM
Thanks LTC

Can the paradrop score cost be removed or maybe, give new players a little bit of score? There's been a couple of new public players who couldn't paradrop into AO & didn't have a buffalo readily available, so they left. Yes, there are vehicles but they don't make too much sense driving out solo

And potentially could the Aviation qualification time period be removed? Possibly just for whitelisted Cav members or something. It fustrautes quite a few people
I've made several attempts to rip out the points system requirements, but I'm not sure whats still calling for the points check on it.
It's something we want to do, but we only have 2-3 people in the cav that can actually look at the code which makes progress extremely slow.

I'll keep looking at fixes.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
9:31 AM
I've made several attempts to rip out the points system requirements, but I'm not sure whats still calling for the points check on it.
It's something we want to do, but we only have 2-3 people in the cav that can actually look at the code which makes progress extremely slow.

What is the point system? I have yet to run into any issues with it and the helis

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
What is the point system? I have yet to run into any issues with it and the helis
They are referencing the problem when u choose to HALO/Paradrop via the Base Flag / Whiteboard menu @ base it requires 10 points from your score total to be used. If you've been running air taxi with buffalo-1/2 you may have noticed u get points for all personnel you transport. you can check ur points via the " U Key" dashboard screen ingame.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
Ah right okay how does it cross over to using the helis if I'm right some type of permissions was stoping Whitfield from using the little bird

Burton.P

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
I never checked but the ammobox in the scroll menu option for MHQ, is that not an arsenal?
It is not. It act like it's going to open some kinda inventory but it doesn't, just opens up your own personal inventory.

Can the paradrop score cost be removed or maybe, give new players a little bit of score?
Sweetwater is trying to get this removed and also trying to find a work-around until it can be removed. I spoke with him about this yesterday and he's aware of the obstacle the issue is causing.

Caliber.J

CW2
Active Duty
1/A/ACD HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
5:31 AM
On the Altis map, I think its an issue that propagates to the fixed wing assets. After the plane crashes, it no longer respawns. Though, there isn't any indication that a point is lost or gained.

Whitfield.L

Reservist
Reserve
Local time

Thank you for looking into everything so far, Major. I apologize if it seems I'm hampering this thread with requests, but most of my posts are the ideas of public players & other Cav members who aren't posting replies to this Thread. And as you say, if it's not on the forums, it can't be tracked & won't be updated, which I don't want to happen, and is why I'm pushing them here as I hear them.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
So I have noticed while flying that targets you destory will respawn after a little while its becoming quite annoying and a bit meta tbh. I was holding on the seafront after taking out AA and after about 20 mins or so what i destroyed re spawned and took me out of the sky. Any way we can look at looking into the respawns of the AI?

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
Yeah, last WFW enemy red air as well as AA threats kept being obnoxious. We had EAGLE, BUFFALO, BISON and SPARROW and we still couldn't manage. After EAGLE left, the airspace became untenable.

Langlois.R

CW2
Active Duty
2/A/ACD SL/ASL
Local time
Is there a way to limit AA threats to only when EAGLE slot is active? (Sort of like the paradrop limit we used to have when BUFFALO was on)

I think that would protect rotary assets and ground forces while EAGLE is offline but still give EAGLE targets to perform CAP or while waiting for CAS calls.

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
Is there a way to limit AA threats to only when EAGLE slot is active? (Sort of like the paradrop limit we used to have when BUFFALO was on)

I think that would protect rotary assets and ground forces while EAGLE is offline but still give EAGLE targets to perform CAP or while waiting for CAS calls.
This...if we flew according to our SOP in WW, we would a) Drop infantry 3km from the AO OR b) Never take off in the first place until EAGLE took every AA out...and considering the AA just spawns in again and again and again...would mean we'd never take off because it's a scenario where we don't have any sense of air superiority. Helicopters don't operate freely in heavily contested airspace.

Liber.N

CW3
Retired
Local time
11:31 AM
Adding more conditions to the enemy placement logic is less than optimal.

What we can do is either:
A. Remove AA altogether and rely on Zeus to create appropriate AA when Eagle is on. This will leave MANPADS as only AA in the AO.
B. Take out obnoxious AA i.e Shilkas and replace it with shit tier AA i.e ZSU's mounted on trucks or static ZSU's.

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
Adding more conditions to the enemy placement logic is less than optimal.

What we can do is either:
A. Remove AA altogether and rely on Zeus to create appropriate AA when Eagle is on. This will leave MANPADS as only AA in the AO.
B. Take out obnoxious AA i.e Shilkas and replace it with shit tier AA i.e ZSU's mounted on trucks or static ZSU's.
Is there no in-between? There's no rate of spawn type adjustment, or does it pull from a list of vehicles, can that list be pruned. The problem isn't Shilka's as much as Shilka's, manpads, AA Trucks, AA pickups when added to MIG's, Mi-24s and the various ground vehicles that can cause damage. It's the collective mass of AA that is a problem. Shilka's are technically an easier anti-air threat as they pop up on our Sensors because of their radar so we know right away when they're in the AO. The ZU-23 /static turrets or turrets on trucks/pickups are sneakier.

EDIT: Sorry misread the "placement logic is less than optimal". Can we remove the MANPADS and ZU mounted on trucks and leave the Shilka's? and if that is still too much then go with option A.

Liber.N

CW3
Retired
Local time
11:31 AM
Is there no in-between? There's no rate of spawn type adjustment, or does it pull from a list of vehicles, can that list be pruned. The problem isn't Shilka's as much as Shilka's, manpads, AA Trucks, AA pickups when added to MIG's, Mi-24s and the various ground vehicles that can cause damage. It's the collective mass of AA that is a problem. Shilka's are technically an easier anti-air threat as they pop up on our Sensors because of their radar so we know right away when they're in the AO. The ZU-23 /static turrets or turrets on trucks/pickups are sneakier.

EDIT: Sorry misread the "placement logic is less than optimal". Can we remove the MANPADS and ZU mounted on trucks and leave the Shilka's? and if that is still too much then go with option A.
Do you get beeps when targeted by MANPADS ?

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
Do you get beeps when targeted by MANPADS ?
Yes and No. Most Arma players including most of the pilots turn off that background radio chatter shit Arma has because it's distracting especially when you have 2 radios and an intercom going off in your ear. But the audio slider for that is tied to a voice that says when you are missle locked.

So instead we have a Sensor screen up on the right or left and we don't get lock tone until the missiles are already in the air and then we get a little icon of the missle flying toward us (So you got 1-2 seconds to react). In that scenario the most likely scenario if it's coming from behind us is that the first one will take out the tail rotor and hopefully with flares and manuevers you can dodge the 2nd one.

There was something that happened this last WW which was weird. My best guess is that all of a sudden 4-6 AI spawned with manpads, bucause multiple air vehicles got locked and fired on, there was something like 8 missiles fired in a short amount of time.

Langlois.R

CW2
Active Duty
2/A/ACD SL/ASL
Local time
Sorry I guess I didnt realize how much was spawning in. I was only going off of the 2-3 UH-1/Mi-8s that spawn and a manpad here or there.

I guess I'm just trying to preserve the CAP mission for fixed wing as without any air threats, fixed wing is left flying around and probably annoying ground forces trying to find something to bomb.

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
I'm thinking that spawn rates during WFW is a bit augmented (At least I noticed this on last run), as there does seem to be extra spawns or vehicles that were never intended to appear being seen during WFW, I'd want to address that to any Mission Controllers, that if they are adding additional AA to the mission it might skew peoples perception of the rates since there isn't any announcement / explanation that this is a Zeus Augmented AO/WFW.

As it stands nothing as far as MANPADS or Tunguska types spawn natively to the Lythium mission preset I created for Main AO's. You will also only see Toyota Hilux, Static or Truck based ZU-23 variants or that MT LB Tracked Variant that spawns.

As far as respawn rates, this is based on if the Radio Tower = Exists
If you blow up the radio tower, no more Chopper / AA spawns happen in the AO

You'll also note that the Air Threats that are specific to lythium preset are only Biplanes and UH-1 Huey's that are in Taki/Ardistani camoflage. No SU-23, no Migs.

There is a random timer spawn for the northern Airfield which is natively hostile to any Blufor Air, this is at random intervals and exists as Zu-23-2 or Tunguska in the valley. It's specifically placed to thwart Air superiority over the airfield but have no track outside the 6km range.

TLDR:
If you are encountering troops with Iglas, or Static Igla / Manpad, or Tunguska / CSAT SAM within the AO, then this is most likely an augmented AO and not currently set as a spawn for Main AO's.
This Excludes the North Airfield SAM Spawns, and the Sidemissions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.