Not open for further replies.

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
9:14 AM
MUSTANG-1 is set as ACE_Medics (Doctors)
The 68W callsigns we use are ATLAS-1 and ATLAS-2. MUSTANG / APOLLO have not been a thing for quite some time.

Knights.Z

1st Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
10:14 AM
It seems pretty clear, you're welcome to run MCCs on the server, but you must get permission from S3 Public Staff Leadership, and S3 must not already be running something on the server as S3 Pub Staff will have priority.
And what if I'm unable to contact S3 Pub HQ? I'm on usually pretty early in the day when most people in the States are either sleeping or working

Sypolt.R

Captain
Retired
Local time
5:14 AM
And what if I'm unable to contact S3 Pub HQ? I'm on usually pretty early in the day when most people in the States are either sleeping or working

That's a question for Mazinski.H, but perhaps you could get approval the day before?

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
4:14 AM
The 68W callsigns we use are ATLAS-1 and ATLAS-2. MUSTANG / APOLLO have not been a thing for quite some time.

And here I was worried that someone was gonna be gaslighting me for adding Hitman to bump the slot count to 97

Mazinski.H Sweetwater.I Tharen.R

Follow up on this, please?

Sure,
Get Permission from S3 Staff.

Yeah, get permission or else I'll steal your kneecaps
You missed Mazinski's reply I assume.

Scenario #1
"Does NOT Ask permission to run an Public MCC on the Server."
"Drops Nukes on all the towns to quickly rotate the mission, people be mad"

Result:
I will be removing you from the whitelist.

Scenario #2
"Does Ask for permission to run a Public MCC on the Server"
"Proceeds to halt the AO and Runs a Roadblock MCC which people get annoyed with"

Result:
S3 might have some suggestions on how to do better.

-----------------------
Don't come back explaining you wouldn't do X or Y,
as the above scenarios are Hyperbole and only are to highlight why its S3 Purview.

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
Do you think it would be a transaction per each run?
Might wanna just send a PM and ask what is needed for permission and if its blanket perms or based on criteria before jumping on conclusions.

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
9:14 AM
And here I was worried that someone was gonna be gaslighting me for adding Hitman to bump the slot count to 97
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Will those callsigns be adjusted to not confuse people anymore?

Sure,
Get Permission from S3 Staff.
My Battalion Commander, Colonel Tharen.R has given a blanket permission above, an encouragement even. With the current public recruitment efforts running MCCs for public players was one of my intents on how to recruit.

I'm sure you understand how this complicates things on whose instruction I'm supposed to follow?

You missed Mazinski's reply I assume.
He's also LT Mazinski's superior officer in the 1BN CoC and I'm not in the S3 CoC.

Scenario #1
"Does NOT Ask permission to run an Public MCC on the Server."
"Drops Nukes on all the towns to quickly rotate the mission, people be mad"

Result:
I will be removing you from the whitelist.

Scenario #2
"Does Ask for permission to run a Public MCC on the Server"
"Proceeds to halt the AO and Runs a Roadblock MCC which people get annoyed with"

Result:
S3 might have some suggestions on how to do better.

-----------------------
Don't come back explaining you wouldn't do X or Y,
as the above scenarios are Hyperbole and only are to highlight why its S3 Purview.
So, it's only about you guys wanting to be asked permission. This achieves nothing else than force people to ask S3 allowance to do something for the Unit. There's no review of the MCC idea, there's no instruction on how to run it.

We need to ask permission to do volunteer work and if we don't we risk losing the ability to do said work. A bit counterproductive, isn't it?

Tharen.R

Regimental Adjutant General
Major General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
Local time
Please be patient and we'll get you and everyone else an answer soon. We can take this off online since this is supposed to be a feedback/suggestion thread for a specific mission file. Thanks!

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
9/13/2021
For those not in 1-7 Battalion, You may not be aware but a memo was sent out detailing the new direction in which Zeus and MCC's are run on the public Server(s) for ARMA 3.

You will still need to go through the normal channels to gain Zeus Access (S6 Ticket / Be in S3) but you CAN run MCC's without explicit approval. This comes with the expectation that you understand that S3 Staff have priority on the Mission Controllers slots, and that you will vacate the slot without issue when asked to do so from a member of S3.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
Was in buffalo 1 pilot slot was hit lost engine mh-60 made a crash landing as I touched the ground I was teleported to the bottom left of the map

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
Was in buffalo 1 pilot slot was hit lost engine mh-60 made a crash landing as I touched the ground I was teleported to the bottom left of the map
Appears that people are getting that issue specifically with the H-60 mod in occasion, happens intermittently to any players exiting the vehicle. Sorry but we can't do anything with mod specific issue other than removing the mod itself. If its not the H-60 helicopter, then I would need to know what RHS/NATO Helicopter it was, and if Eject or Get out was used to see if I can reproduce it... otherwise thats gonna be chalked up to "Just ARMA thing"

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
It was from the H-60 Pack I was shot down once i hit the ground I was teleported to the corner of the map but it wasn't a respawn.

Whitfield.L

Reservist
Reserve
Local time
I never checked but the ammobox in the scroll menu option for MHQ, is that not an arsenal?

Yes it is

Also is there any workaround or possibility of the view distance script being removed? It's very annoying to live in a small bubble

Rosefield.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Local time
Yes it is

Also is there any workaround or possibility of the view distance script being removed? It's very annoying to live in a small bubbl

you can turn that off. Hold down U then hit space and uncheck the auto view distance for AO box about half way down

Whitfield.L

Reservist
Reserve
Local time
you can turn that off. Hold down U then hit space and uncheck the auto view distance for AO box about half way down
Thanks LTC

Can the paradrop score cost be removed or maybe, give new players a little bit of score? There's been a couple of new public players who couldn't paradrop into AO & didn't have a buffalo readily available, so they left. Yes, there are vehicles but they don't make too much sense driving out solo

And potentially could the Aviation qualification time period be removed? Possibly just for whitelisted Cav members or something. It fustrautes quite a few people

Last edited:

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
Thanks LTC

Can the paradrop score cost be removed or maybe, give new players a little bit of score? There's been a couple of new public players who couldn't paradrop into AO & didn't have a buffalo readily available, so they left. Yes, there are vehicles but they don't make too much sense driving out solo

And potentially could the Aviation qualification time period be removed? Possibly just for whitelisted Cav members or something. It fustrautes quite a few people
I haven't had any issue with this qualification thing not even sure what it's function is

Caliber.J

First Sergeant
Active Duty
A/3-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
It has probably been mentioned already, but the Altis map has a hard time respawning F/A 18s on site. Once they're gone, they're gone. This should be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.