Not open for further replies.

Tharen.R

Regimental Adjutant General
Major General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
Local time
9:20 PM
We are not adding mods onto TacR for the foreseeable future. We're already at our limit to get the "set up mods and join" function to work with the current mod pack. This is also not a mod request thread. You can send mod requests up the CoC for approval like normal. Thanks!

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
2:20 AM
Can we rid the old callsigns of mustang and apollo from S3 files. As we use Atlas 1/2 for medical and Atlas 4 for public server only Logi

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
1:20 AM
Poor MUSTANG and APOLLO. They were good callsigns. Never forget :(

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time

Knights.Z

1st Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
With the latest ACE3 update, I would like to propose a change to the CBA config:

0ba547c87c70b4b50a2ab1cfb24617f5.png

I would like this setting to be enabled at a low but reasonable percentage, say 1-8%. This effectively prevents people from doing unreasonable and stupid parachute tactics. Opening your chute at 100m or less above the ground is absurd and should be punished in some way, this isn't battlefield.

A low but reasonable risk of failure means that people who employ this tactic are likely to die on insertion more often than they think, whilst others will have time to react to the failure, and deploy their reserve in time.

Knights.Z

1st Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
287f4aca5ab2dd0f288ac4106d9c8619.jpg

Currently the volume reduction settings are managed by the mission file, when they should be managed by client settings.

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
With the latest ACE3 update, I would like to propose a change to the CBA config:

0ba547c87c70b4b50a2ab1cfb24617f5.png

I would like this setting to be enabled at a low but reasonable percentage, say 1-8%. This effectively prevents people from doing unreasonable and stupid parachute tactics. Opening your chute at 100m or less above the ground is absurd and should be punished in some way, this isn't battlefield.

A low but reasonable risk of failure means that people who employ this tactic are likely to die on insertion more often than they think, whilst others will have time to react to the failure, and deploy their reserve in time.
I applaud the idea, but what stops them from respawning and trying the same again?

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
I applaud the idea, but what stops them from respawning and trying the same again?
The mission file works the ability to parajump on points also you can jump inside the AO so toy would be spilt up from your group so getting it right the first time is important

Knights.Z

1st Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
The mission file works the ability to parajump on points also you can jump inside the AO so toy would be spilt up from your group so getting it right the first time is important
Like Maco said, every time you paradrop you eat some of your points, and eventually you'll not be able to paradrop at all.

Knights.Z

1st Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
Kastor.K To clarify, the idea isnt to constantly destroy people who play in this way, because I despise any effort made to intentionally kill players. The end goal is to get a good balance of the percentage so that it plants the idea that it might fail into people's heads, so that they deploy their parachute in more realistic altitudes.

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
Kastor.K To clarify, the idea isnt to constantly destroy people who play in this way, because I despise any effort made to intentionally kill players. The end goal is to get a good balance of the percentage so that it plants the idea that it might fail into people's heads, so that they deploy their parachute in more realistic altitudes.
Some large funny billboard "Army Health and Safety Department" warnings could be useful as well :p

Sutodoreh.W

Warrant Officer 1
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
Local time
Please bring back the Firewill A-10, new F-16 is nice but fails the BRRRRT test :'(

Rosefield.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Local time
Zeus slots are invincible on Viorolati and it is not pulling up zeus when I hit Y, I have to log into admin

Status
Not open for further replies.