Arma 3 Tactical Realism 2 Feedback Thread - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeith.J

CW3
Retired
Local time
3:01 AM
any chance we can get the 5.56 x 45 M995 ammo put back in the arsenal?

Zlobin.N

Reservist
Retired
Local time
any chance we can get the 5.56 x 45 M995 ammo put back in the arsenal?
Not likely as it has proven to be inferior to pretty much every other round type against 6b23 body armor (for some reason).

In testing on tac2 we found that mk262 and mk318 mod 0 performed nearly twice as well in terms of time-to-kill against a russian soldier equipped with 6b23 body armor which is the standard for russian troops, even at point blank range. mk318 mod 0 took 2-3 rounds to kill, where m995 I think actually took more than 10.

Last edited:

Sutodoreh.W

CW4
Active Duty
2/A/1-7 HQ
MP Staff
S7 Staff
Local time
6:01 AM
Not likely as it has proven to be inferior to pretty much every other round type against 6b23 body armor (for some reason).

In testing on tac2 we found that mk262 and mk318 mod 0 performed nearly twice as well in terms of time-to-kill against a russian soldier equipped with 6b23 body armor which is the standard for russian troops, even at point blank range. mk318 mod 0 took 2-3 rounds to kill, where m995 I think actually took more than 10.
Any noticeable difference between 318 and 262 in terms of damage? Since the 318 has better velocity, if there's no damage difference that'll probably be the go-to round.

Zlobin.N

Reservist
Retired
Local time
Any noticeable difference between 318 and 262 in terms of damage? Since the 318 has better velocity, if there's no damage difference that'll probably be the go-to round.
We could not measure any difference between the two.

Skeith.J

CW3
Retired
Local time

m995
ACE_bulletMass = 4.53592;
ACE_barrelLengths[] = {254,368.3,508};
ACE_muzzleVelocities[] = {820,865,880};
caliber = 1.6;

mk262
ACE_bulletMass = 4.9896;
ACE_barrelLengths[] = {190.5,368.3,457.2,508};
ACE_muzzleVelocities[] = {624,816,832,838};
caliber = 0.869565;

mk318
ACE_bulletMass = 4.0176;
ACE_barrelLengths[] = {254,393.7,508};
ACE_muzzleVelocities[] = {780,886,950};
caliber = 0.869565;

I would rebutt with M995's armor piercing capability on light skinned and lightly armored vehicles. It certainly excels through a longer barrel.

Boyd.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
Zlobin.N where is the new SOP for enforcing players to play their chosen role it's been quoted but am unable to find
Under the SOP in SAC for kicking players we find this, under "kicking" example #2
Player is active and refusing to use an important slot (i.e. pilot, medic, SL) -> check if the player is able/willing to use their role in the current situation first; if not, warn the player before kicking.

So, if you aren't playing your role, we kick you.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
10:01 AM
Under the SOP in SAC for kicking players we find this, under "kicking" example #2
Player is active and refusing to use an important slot (i.e. pilot, medic, SL) -> check if the player is able/willing to use their role in the current situation first; if not, warn the player before kicking.

So, if you aren't playing your role, we kick you.
Cheers did not know it was updated again 👌

Skeith.J

CW3
Retired
Local time

1.3 Armor piercing ammunition​

Armor piercing rounds have higher penetration values against light armored targets and other obstacles on the battlefield. Their drawback is a slightly decreased man-stopping power. AP rounds are available in multiple calibers including 5.56mm and 7.62mm.

Knights.Z

1st Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
10:01 AM
I'll back Skeith here. The ability to shoot through barriers such as the Tigr's bullet resistant windshields, BTR-XX's Driver/Commander plates, etc. Is a far more valuable ability to have.

Reasoning aside, why are we restricting the ammo type anyway? It should be my individual choice to sacrifice stopping power for the ability to shoot through certain materials.

Local time
5:01 AM
I'll back Skeith here. The ability to shoot through barriers such as the Tigr's bullet resistant windshields, BTR-XX's Driver/Commander plates, etc. Is a far more valuable ability to have.

Reasoning aside, why are we restricting the ammo type anyway? It should be my individual choice to sacrifice stopping power for the ability to shoot through certain materials.

I do not speak for anyone involved in the maintenance of Tac2, but I speculate that ammo type was removed because it seemed bugged and not as a means to reduce player choice. I for one didn't really know that ammo type filled a particular niche. To me, and for most players I imagine, stopping power is the deciding factor when it comes to choosing an ammo type.

That, or just pick whatever looks/sounds cooler I guess. Personally, I hate having 20+ variations of the 30rnd 5.56mm magazines that all mostly accomplish the same need (to murder a sonbitch), but I suppose that's what the ACE arsenal's search capability is for.

Skeith.J

CW3
Retired
Local time
Here's a fun test I did. Took all the Ammo types and shot at helmet and armor used by our friendly neighborhood russians and counted their wounds.

Gun: RHS HK416 D14.5
barrel length: 368mm
armor: 6b23
helmet: 6b27
distance: 25m
----
ACE M995

helmet - 1 shot
armor - 30 rnd
17 minor bruises
11 minor avulsion
2 minor avulsion
----
ACE MK262

helmet - 30 rnd
10 med avulsion
16 med vel
2 small vel
2 minor avul

armor - 30 rnd
17minor bruises
3 minor avulsion
10 minor avulsion

----
ACE MK318

helmet - 1 shot
armor - 30 rnd
17 minor bruises
13 minor avulsion
----
RHS MK262

helmet - 1 shot
armor - 30 rnd
15 minor avulsion
15 small velocity wound
----
RHS MK318

helmet - 1 shot
armor - 30 rnd
14 small velocity
16 minor avulsion
----
RHS M855A1

helmet - 1 shot
armor - 30 rnd
18 minor bruises
12 minor avulsion
----
RHS M855

helmet - 1 shot
armor - 30 rnd
16 minor bruises
14 minor avulsion
----
RHS M193

helmet - 1 shot
armor - 30 rnd
12 minor avulsion
18 small velocity wound

Honestly, the round type is situational all around when you account in bullet drop and penetration capabilities. Here are my finding for some of my favorites:

ace mk262 bullet drops more but does high damage - 8 pen
ace M995 needs more bullets to down similar drop to 262 but a little better - 15 pen
ace mk318 fliest straighter for long engagements - 9 pen
M193 fliest pretty flat, high damage low pen inflicts bad wounds - 6 pen

EDIT: Arsenal is missing ACE mk262, ACE M995, ACE mk318, and RHS M193
EDIT2: It's worth noting that M995 goes through houses, low walls, and sandbags. your only cover from M995 is concrete and rock low walls. Also goes through ALL BTR hatches even when closed. Goes through BMP soft points above front tire.

Last edited:

Rosefield.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Local time
lythium seems to be sparse on contacts due to its vast size and the garrisoning of infantry.

EDit: also, since one intel pops at a time is there a way to be sure that area is garrisoned? I have seen a few taken uncontested, but surrounding hamlets are defended.

Zlobin.N

Reservist
Retired
Local time
When we tested it we went by one simple metric that everyone can care about: How many rounds to the chest plate it takes to down a russian.

Because people figured that high velocity AP = better and then complain to us about russians being too tanky when it takes half their mag to kill a russian.

For example here is a test for m995 AP: https://i.gyazo.com/5bc9b70f99ea0c2d50e1e484f3be4cd7.mp4

EDIT: After testing this on our most recent mission file it seems m995 is working properly, so we can add it back in.

Last edited:

Skeith.J

CW3
Retired
Local time
When we tested it we went by one simple metric that everyone can care about: How many rounds to the chest plate it takes to down a russian.

Because people figured that high velocity AP = better and then complain to us about russians being too tanky when it takes half their mag to kill a russian.

For example here is a test for m995 AP: https://i.gyazo.com/5bc9b70f99ea0c2d50e1e484f3be4cd7.mp4

EDIT: After testing this on our most recent mission file it seems m995 is working properly, so we can add it back in.
I've seen what you show in the video. In fact, all Russians took a full 30 rnd mag at full auto so I went by wounds and priorities based on severity of the bleed which will be an accurate representation of time to kill.

That being said, would you mind adding the ace versions of the 262, 318 and the rhs m193 also?

Zlobin.N

Reservist
Retired
Local time
I've seen what you show in the video. In fact, all Russians took a full 30 rnd mag at full auto so I went by wounds and priorities based on severity of the bleed which will be an accurate representation of time to kill.

That being said, would you mind adding the ace versions of the 262, 318 and the rhs m193 also?
If I remember correctly there was no difference between the ACE and RHS versions of the same ammo type, so it would just be clutter.

Also for your edification here is the test for m855A1: https://i.gyazo.com/d9d5a6f229cbfba24f66aad62327bad9.mp4
RHS 262 and 318 will perform as good or better.

Also bear in mind that the AI damage tolerance is a CBA setting, so weapons effects testing would ideally need to be done on the tac2 mission file in order for it to be accurate.

Last edited:

Vercin.G

Reservist
Reserve
S6 Staff
Local time
4:01 AM
Unsure if this is a known issue, so i will stick it here.

Lithium has a bug with its cache spawning where they will sometimes spawn at the 0,0 coordinate. Unsure what causes this, however a quick observation in zeus has a node showing up when i attempt to add editable objects.

Sypolt.R

S6 1IC
Captain
Retired
Local time
I don't know if its specifically a bug with ACRE2 or something else but if you place a Ground Spike Antenna and connect a 152 to it, you're unable to then ever disconnect it. If you pick the antenna up and move it somewhere else if you attempt to connect your 152 to it again it will not connect. Also if you remove the mast but not the antenna you get only the mast in your inventory and the antenna disappears, essentially rendering it useless.

Rosefield.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Local time
I don't know if its specifically a bug with ACRE2 or something else but if you place a Ground Spike Antenna and connect a 152 to it, you're unable to then ever disconnect it. If you pick the antenna up and move it somewhere else if you attempt to connect your 152 to it again it will not connect. Also if you remove the mast but not the antenna you get only the mast in your inventory and the antenna disappears, essentially rendering it useless.
This sounds more like a mod specific bug, I suggest reporting it to the mod team.

Sutodoreh.W

CW4
Active Duty
2/A/1-7 HQ
MP Staff
S7 Staff
Local time
Schmidt and Bender (scope from the Canadian mod, I believe) seems to have been removed from Longshot arsenal. Was this intentional? It's definitely one of my favourite scopes, and one of the very few available that have primary integrated night vision.

Zlobin.N

Reservist
Retired
Local time
Schmidt and Bender (scope from the Canadian mod, I believe) seems to have been removed from Longshot arsenal. Was this intentional? It's definitely one of my favourite scopes, and one of the very few available that have primary integrated night vision.

The TFC mod updated recently and may have changed the classname, we will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.