Vercin.G

CW5
Reserve
S6 Staff
Local time
10:31 AM
7CavMemorialHeader2.png

Former and active members of the 7th Cavalry,

The Wiki Administration Group is proud to announce the 7th Cavalry Memorial Center project! The 7th Cavalry Memorial Center is an individually tailored biography about each of our fallen members that go beyond the writings of a milpac entry to be permanently memorialized on the 7th Cavalry Wiki. The writings are to be centralized on the impacts our fallen have had on the regiment throughout their time in this unit, the impacts on their fellow members, as well as their legacy that continues to ripple throughout the regiment.

However, The Wiki Administration Group will not be able to complete this project without your help.

Throughout the years, the memory of the fallen has faded, and many of our current 7th Cavalry members do not know the impacts these individuals have had on what our regiment is today. As such, the Wiki Administration Group is currently taking statements on the impacts these members have had on others, as well as the 7th Cavalry Regiment. Statements will be accepted from any 7th Cavalry Member, both active or discharged. Any non 7th Cavalry related statements/recollections will be accepted on a case-by-case basis, as long as the follow the provisions listed later in this announcement.

Currently, The Wiki Administration Group is accepting information on the following members:
With this search of information, it is important to note that there will be items that will be left out of the final biography. This is because The Wiki Administration Group must respect the privacy of the fallen and their family. As such, The Wiki Administration Group will not accept/use the following information:
  • The real names of the fallen (unless the name in question was the person's username)
  • Any mention of the fallen's family, which may include brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, and so on
  • The circumstances behind the passing of the individual
  • Any other information deemed unsuitable or appropriate by Wiki Administration Group Staff or General Staff
  • Special considerations for the above may be made for the above by contacting Wiki Administration Staff or General staff
If you have information that can be used by Wiki staff, feel free to reply to this post or send a private message to myself for review if you believe your information may be sensitive for public posting.

This post will remain open until information on all individuals is collected and used in the Memorial Center.

Last edited:

Vercin.G

CW5
Reserve
S6 Staff
Local time
The memorial section for Brian Britton has been completed. If you have any additional information that you think should be included, please feel free to send me a PM.

Vercin.G

CW5
Reserve
S6 Staff
Local time
The memorial pages for Steven Traycer and Kyle McGehee are complete or are nearing completion. The page for Rhea Novak is currently in the early stages of construction and information probing for Krazee, Ron Cold, and Shane Carter are either beginning shortly or are in progress at time of writing.

The Wiki Administration Group is now accepting footage of any recorded memorial service, this includes ceremonies not specifically related to any fallen member (e.g. Memorial Day Ceremonies and/or 9/11 Remembrance ceremonies). These recordings will be stored in the 7th Cavalry Memorial Archive for viewing by anyone at anytime.

As always, if you feel corrections can be made, or additions can be included. Please feel free to contact WAG staff.

Roark.W

Corporal
Retired
Local time
11:31 AM
Love this idea, by the way.

On BG Krazee, I knew him well back in the day as I was a new recruit in January 2009.

Krazee was just that, crazy. He always had a way of making those of us around him laugh. He was fun, energetic and sometimes loud and raucous. He was like a big brother to me, because I only have a younger brother. We'd talk often about what he was facing in life, and he'd often say how you have to wear a smile, even if you're in a terrible amount of pain. That's something I still use today in my personal life. He was certainly one of a kind. I used to love playing COD 4 with him, and enjoyed our Search and Destroy matches we'd play from time to time. There's never been anyone else like him, in my opinion.

On CSM Ron Cold, Ronnie was simply amazing. I never met a guy who could be struggling so hard, yet finding ways to make you laugh all the while. When I'd come on Team Speak, I'd always look for Ronnie first. Most often, I'd find him with General Chance in his office. I'd ask to drop in of course, and the fun would begin. Chance, Ron and I would hoot and holler and give each other a hard time every single time we gathered. Ronnie would tell Chance he had his back covered from Southside, and to watch out for me. LOL. Those were some of the best days I ever had in the 7th Cav. Ronnie goes down as one of the best friends I ever made here in the 7th Cav, Chance too. I have missed Ronnie every day, whether back in the 7th Cav or retired as I am now.

On Colonel Aviles, or Raven to some of us old fogies... Raven was hilarious, non stop. He was a very good friend, and even better brother. He cared, although he didn't use such silly loving language to say he cared, but he showed his heart through his actions. He was tried and true, through and through. One of the funniest guys I ever met here. We could sit in channel on TS3 and talk for hours on end, mostly about nothing, but often about how much he cared about people he met here. Losing him was one of the toughest days... He was simply good people. I still miss him today.

Thank y'all so much for doing this. Sure brings back some very good memories.

Onward,

Southside, aka RET Roark.W

Local time
2:31 AM
Love this idea, by the way.

On BG Krazee, I knew him well back in the day as I was a new recruit in January 2009.

Krazee was just that, crazy. He always had a way of making those of us around him laugh. He was fun, energetic and sometimes loud and raucous. He was like a big brother to me, because I only have a younger brother. We'd talk often about what he was facing in life, and he'd often say how you have to wear a smile, even if you're in a terrible amount of pain. That's something I still use today in my personal life. He was certainly one of a kind. I used to love playing COD 4 with him, and enjoyed our Search and Destroy matches we'd play from time to time. There's never been anyone else like him, in my opinion.

On CSM Ron Cold, Ronnie was simply amazing. I never met a guy who could be struggling so hard, yet finding ways to make you laugh all the while. When I'd come on Team Speak, I'd always look for Ronnie first. Most often, I'd find him with General Chance in his office. I'd ask to drop in of course, and the fun would begin. Chance, Ron and I would hoot and holler and give each other a hard time every single time we gathered. Ronnie would tell Chance he had his back covered from Southside, and to watch out for me. LOL. Those were some of the best days I ever had in the 7th Cav. Ronnie goes down as one of the best friends I ever made here in the 7th Cav, Chance too. I have missed Ronnie every day, whether back in the 7th Cav or retired as I am now.

On Colonel Aviles, or Raven to some of us old fogies... Raven was hilarious, non stop. He was a very good friend, and even better brother. He cared, although he didn't use such silly loving language to say he cared, but he showed his heart through his actions. He was tried and true, through and through. One of the funniest guys I ever met here. We could sit in channel on TS3 and talk for hours on end, mostly about nothing, but often about how much he cared about people he met here. Losing him was one of the toughest days... He was simply good people. I still miss him today.

Thank y'all so much for doing this. Sure brings back some very good memories.

Onward,

Southside, aka RET Roark.W
Krazee was a top feller.. his no nonsense approach was brilliant.. he took me through bootcamp, then guided me into being a DI hard to forget his "raspy " voice.. Alvires,Raven and Coldblood i dont recall too much about But RIP to them all,,
Just seen your back to CPL SoSide.. From Grunt to LT. to Sgt to Cpl.. youve been up n down more ladders than a window cleaner:))