Arma 3: I&A Tactical Realism 2 Feedback Thread - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights.Z

1st Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
5:25 AM
I will not create mission files, I will not invest leisure time and energy, in putting together turkey-shoot missions.

Either you carry weapons that can hit the enemy from across the map, in which case, the same holds for enemy AA. Or you have a more forgiving setup in terms of enemy AA ranges, but in that case your air to ground capabilities must still match the enemy ground to air capabilities.
I don't think I've ever seen a military anywhere around the world that has decided not to use long range standoff munitions because it's unfair.

There is no such thing as 'fairness' in combat. The US armed forces has some of the most advanced, long-range assets in their inventory for the specific purpose of out-ranging enemy SAM sites. Perfect example would be the AGM-88 HARM, and it's newest G version. Estimated to go out to around 170-220km.

If your primary concern is to avoid air assets immediately nuking SAM sites, then you could employ SAM site tactics 101; turn off the radar until a target is within range, I'm sure you could quite easily script that.

As has already been said on this forum thread a dozen times already, unnecessarily limiting the ability of different companies to do their jobs effectively is not only going to stop Cav members from playing TAC2, but also provide a completely different idea of how we operate to prospective recruits.

Last edited:

Boyd.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
10:25 PM
Liberation or whatever that mission file we played yesterday was AMAZING! we had 30+ people on all working together to capture AOs, we had LOGI trucks driving to secured areas to gather supplies for the main forces. I had to take special care of my AH-64 because they cost a lot and we couldn't afford another one....best time on tac2 basically ever.

Nexhex.A

Command Sergeant Major
CSM
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
WAG HQ
Local time
1:25 AM
Current map on Tact 2's Invade and Annex no more saber no more banshee, no hog. I don't even have to explain how I feel on this, because Moraru isn't going to respond to this post same as the other one I made. People are getting very annoyed, please stop removing assets this isn't helping anyone at all.
Please keep these comments professional. We are working on fixes. A simple account of the details is all that is needed not attacking other members. Thank you.

Eugene.R

Reservist
Reserve
Local time
12:25 AM
Please keep these comments professional. We are working on fixes. A simple account of the details is all that is needed not attacking other members. Thank you.
I didn't attack Moraru, that's not attacking someone. I'm stating the facts that are presented with pages of evidence here. Someone just deleted my "feedback" post so guess that's cool. So over this

Nexhex.A

Command Sergeant Major
CSM
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
WAG HQ
Local time
I didn't attack Moraru, that's not attacking someone. I'm stating the facts that are presented with pages of evidence here. Someone just deleted my "feedback" post so guess that's cool. So over this
If you want to talk about it in person I am happy to, but you being upset and saying someone isn't listening isn't accurate. You should exercise some patience when it comes to something that impacts so many.

Whitsel.M

Sergeant First Class
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
S3Crest.png

All,
I'm going to be locking this thread as it's gotten beyond the point of being productive. Thank you all for your feedback, as it has helped us make adjustments to the I&A mission file and informed our decision to switch to Liberation. I've opened a new Feedback Thread for Liberation so we can separate the responses.

Thanks to 2LT.Moraru for his hard work. Despite the generally negative reception of I&A, he has endeavored to provide us all with a fun and engaging gameplay experience during both a mod switch and a server switch which is commendable.

Regards,
Whitsel

Status
Not open for further replies.