Not open for further replies.

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
11:36 AM
Any mission able to accommodate 40+ players on a public server with slots that the average player can take part in is 100% something we would be open to try :). So yes, if you made a air heavy mission and had gunner seats in black hawks or whatever else that the average non-pilot member can take part in I think that would be really fun and awesome and would do great stuff to showcase the AO. Start crafting and see what we can make work!
I think you're missing the point I was making, but I've sent in my application.

Lindsay.A

Warrant Officer 1
Active Duty
1/A/1-7
S7 HQ
Local time
10:36 AM
Swagger.J I didn't say that and I'm out of this don't bring me back in. I'll ask all members of Alpha not to make posts like this as it isn't constructive, and only hurts our case. I'm removing your post, if you want to speak to me privately please do so. I appreciate your support but this isn't helpful. Also tempers are up and we're going to end up bouncing off the walls attacking one another and end up right back here with the same problem. Everyone take a deep breath. Please and thanks. Also Swagger.J your a great pilot so ops without you would suck.

Last edited:

Geki.T

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 HQ
S7 HQ
S3 HQ
S3 Staff
Local time
Experiencing a weird issue. When I go to edit my loadout (open the arsenal) it keeps telling me that there is no virtual item available and refuses to open the arsenal. Any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong?

Geki.T

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 HQ
S7 HQ
S3 HQ
S3 Staff
Local time
Further, on Liberation, is there anything we can do to assist our zeuses with working with players on low player counts so they're not stuck just doing logi runs when they want to take an objective to build a fob?

I'm experiencing a Raider who is doing logi runs instead of actually what the slot is meant for. This isn't a fault of the raider, but a sort of "flaw" in the file. He's unable to actually utilize his slot because the fob doesn't have supply to build the bird. Seems pretty counterintuitive.

Ideal world, the backend logistics should be simulated in some way, maybe like an AI supply convoy every X minutes or whatever and that trickles supply from supply points and whatnot, then any supply we choose to manually deliver stacks on that.

Geki.T

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 HQ
S7 HQ
S3 HQ
S3 Staff
Local time

Terp.J

Corporal
Active Duty
1/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
5:36 PM
Weiss says its there but its disable so we cant use it

Rosefield.M

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Local time
old map was completed and it reverted back to the same mission file, same map, we have been playing all month+. Liberation Al Rayak. Dinged discord and such,

* please check with current guys to make sure the problem hasn't been resolved. Submitted June 21 2055Z

Boyd.M

Private
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
8:36 AM
Any vehicle that uses a TOW on H&M or liberation needs to be removed from the mission file. as stated countless times before these TOW can track and hit an airframe moving 250+km per hour from up to 6km out. it is completely unrealistic and really messes with us pilots. even when we put something between the vehicle and our airframe it can still maintain lock through terrain. we are all really tired of it.

Last edited:

Rob.Y

Colonel
Active Duty
2-7 HQ
S3 HQ
Local time
Any vehicle that uses a TOW on H&M or liberation needs to be removed from the mission file. as stated countless times before these TOW can track and hit an airframe moving 250+km per hour from up to 6km out. it is completely unrealistic and really messes with us pilots. even when we put something between the vehicle and our airframe it can still maintain lock through terrain. we are all really tired of it.
Heya CPL.Boyd, we looked into this, we are unsure how to resolve this without removing BMPs which is a major component to the mission. Currently the TOW is one of the only AA we make available for the AI so removing it would also significantly reduce any ability the AI has to counter rotary. We did attempt to use other AA in the past, however, that prove even less popular, so with that in mind maybe help us explore other alternative ideas?
Thanks for the feedback!

Addition we could look into something like a Tunguskas maybe? Not sure how folks feel about that.

Last edited:

Boyd.M

Private
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
Heya CPL.Boyd, we looked into this, we are unsure how to resolve this without removing BMPs which is a major component to the mission. Currently the TOW is one of the only AA we make available for the AI so removing it would also significantly reduce any ability the AI has to counter rotary. We did attempt to use other AA in the past, however, that prove even less popular, so with that in mind maybe help us explore other alternative ideas?
Thanks for the feedback!

Addition we could look into something like a Tunguskas maybe? Not sure how folks feel about that.
The issue is that the TOW, once line of sight is achieved, cannot be evaded. You can fly behind a house, a mountain, anything really, and the AI will maintain that visual lock even though it's lost actual line of sight.

I would definitely take ZSUs and manpads over anything with a TOW.

Rob.Y

Colonel
Active Duty
2-7 HQ
S3 HQ
Local time
The issue is that the TOW, once line of sight is achieved, cannot be evaded. You can fly behind a house, a mountain, anything really, and the AI will maintain that visual lock even though it's lost actual line of sight.

I would definitely take ZSUs and manpads over anything with a TOW.
Yeah the solutions seem a bit complex, so low chance of movement, but Ill ask about potentially swapping the TOW for Tungaskas or like ZSUs

Boyd.M

Private
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
Yeah the solutions seem a bit complex, so low chance of movement, but Ill ask about potentially swapping the TOW for Tungaskas or like ZSUs
It's definitely complex and finding that balance is hard, I appreciate you taking the time to investigate this and help us find a solution.

Tharen.R

Regimental Adjutant General
Major General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
Local time
Just sharing in general, and I could be wrong, but I believe RHS' BMP-1 does not have a ATGM (Anti-tank guided missile) weapon. It's the BMP-2 and higher models that do? As a note, ATGM's and TOW's (Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided) are not anti-aircraft (AA) weapons. They're anti-tank weapons. It's a known bug w/ RHS vehicles that ATGM's can snipe aircraft (mostly helicopters). They get no warning either because it's not a radar guided missile. This issue has been brought to S3 in the past (but not recently) and far as I know, it's been known to S3 to not use the BMP's w/ ATGM weapons when rotary aircraft are also involved.

Raeder.U

Sergeant First Class
Retired
Local time
I would like to see vehicle cookoffs re-enabled on the server for a trial run, the ACE team has recently (as of Nov 2021 and the latest patch) made improvements to the system to bring it in-line with the new fire damage type that people can receive around incendiary weapons and other burning things.

There are now CBA settings for intensity/duration of cookoff, so if frames are a factor, you can hard limit cooking off to something like 10 seconds.

I'm onboard with this

Raeder.U

Sergeant First Class
Retired
Local time
Just sharing in general, and I could be wrong, but I believe RHS' BMP-1 does not have a ATGM (Anti-tank guided missile) weapon. It's the BMP-2 and higher models that do? As a note, ATGM's and TOW's (Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided) are not anti-aircraft (AA) weapons. They're anti-tank weapons. It's a known bug w/ RHS vehicles that ATGM's can snipe aircraft (mostly helicopters). They get no warning either because it's not a radar guided missile. This issue has been brought to S3 in the past (but not recently) and far as I know, it's been known to S3 to not use the BMP's w/ ATGM weapons when rotary aircraft are also involved.

We are looking into variants of the BMP with no ATGM weapons

Liber.N

CW3
Retired
Local time
6:36 PM
BMP-1 has 9M14M

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
I would like to point out that the ATGM on those BMP's can be removed via zeus in the garage. Now I understand the vehicles being spawned is an automatic thing and not something a zeus can realistically edit as they spawn but is there something that can be done to modify if the BMP spawns with the ATGM or not.

Local time
12:36 AM
I remember the old invade and annex mission files had the 152 radio presets named to their use by default (1 - platoon, 2 - CTAF, 12 - CAS, etc.) instead of the current "FMLOSVOC##". Is this something that can be brought back as a nice little QOL feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.