Arma 3 Tactical Realism 2 Feedback Thread - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimm.J

First Sergeant
Retired
Local time
8:11 AM
I really think we need to stop saying things like "I've played here for years and this isn't a problem" 95% of the Cav member base would disagree. We are sick of lone wolves, medics running as gunslinger so they can heal themselves. I personally am making an effort to enforce slotting, if you're slotted as a medic, I expect you to respond to calls, and I expect you to NOT come rushing through the enemy lines at us for that call, know your roll and play it, if you want to be front lines, be gunslinger. This is a milsim community, not a sandbox server. If you're slotted as a Medic, play a medic, or you'll be removed from that slot as per SOP. If you choose a support role, play it.
This is not the attitude we need for Tac2, I am not saying we need to allow certain things to happen, but forcing people to leave slots, and not going above and helping them understand why you want them to do something a certain way is against the ideals and basis of the Cav. We need to go the extra step to make sure that every slot is known for its limitations, abilities, and basic protocol for use. Coming down on players who have played for years on numerous other servers and may have a different approach is not the correct motion. Now if you try to explain, to build, and grow players, and they continue down that path, then yes, we have our ways of dealing with it. But save it as a last resort, not a hanging consequence for people who may have a different idea of how they learned to do it. None of us were born with manuals in hand, some learned from different masters, and expanding someone's knowledge of approach is reward in itself when we have A+ Grade public players that have improved from the small teachings us as a whole can give.

I have since deleted my post as it takes away from the thread's intent which is to provide feedback for S3 and the path this thread is headed down is just not constructive.
I apologize for the manner I may have come across, if at all abrasive then it went beyond my intent.
I would ask that we all keep this thread focused on constructive criticism for S3 rather than getting off hand and possibly inviting negativity.

I understand why you did, but everything here so far is constructive, because a server is nothing without its players. But we need to go above and beyond for every person on it. For we all follow the three pillars of the Cavalry [Loyalty, Honor, Respect], and we need to show that in every aspect of our behavior, our plans, and our actions. You do a good job on the server, leading and teaching where you can. But frustrations with other players leads all of us down a road we need to walk away from. So knowing our frustrations allows us to find points to adjust and points to polish. Nothing is useless in our improvement of the gateway to the Cavalry, continue with the good work I have seen.

Hopefully this all quells the posts about frustrations and misunderstandings between all of us [including our public players]. We need to make sure we talk through our motions, our ideas, and our training. Going above should not be something that is rare, but should be expected of all of our members, from the fresh private to the senior officers.

From this point, I hope this thread continues to point things out for our brothers in S3 that require our feedback to make it better and inclusive for all players and members, no matter their skill level or experience. But as said before, a server is nothing without its players, and we need to remember this.

As stated before, I am excited to continue my time in Tac2, and I hope all of you will do the same.

Boyd.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
5:11 AM
Lets get back to having constructive feedback in this thread.

Some positive notes, Love the detail in the main bases, all the little buildings, workout area...looks really awesome!

Law.S

Corporal
Active Duty
1/A/1-7
S7 Staff
Local time
7:11 AM
Ok,

TAC 2 Positive Feedback This Date Approx 1830hrs. until at or around 203 / 2045CST (Approx. wasn't clocking this thing)
Role:
Buffalo Crew Chief (Buffalo 2-2), Buffalo 2 Pilot - Hamm.C

I am a Cav Crew Chief. It's my job here. I Love it, it is so much fun for me. Let me preface by saying, I am different. I DO NOT get my jollies off on shooting shit all the time. The sights are a little better but... anyway. I enjoy supporting, learning, shaking and moving. Making life just a little easier for my Pilot. Now, I prefer my Pilots but we do what we do. I also am NOT a fan of TAC 2. I generally have issue with persons NOT Fulfilling Their Role, Playing how we practice or Command and Control, Communication issues. Then lets just add the general Rambo, John J. player. The sense you get when you simply just try to talk to someone kindly and receive an Adam Sam Sam in return. I can feel my BP go up and it gives me a headache. Gentlemen, it's not worth fueling my rage monster. It's quite a Monster as well. This said.. I generally sign in to the Crew Chief slot and wait.

Today, without intention to play, I jumped in to adjust my kit, mess with some key binds and I was going to jump off, you know a general PMCS of my game and shit. I was in a corner minding my own and just continued to watch the population increase. Some of the consistent personnel, this was good. As I was accomplishing what I set out to do, I noticed more and more of the Black and Gold getting in. This was much, much better to me. I decided to just roll with it. I watch the Dagger, I listen, I wait. I figured what the hell. Battleeye was goin to kick me soon anyway. Set aside my discrepancies and roll with it. I did my Radio Checks, 14 and 2. YES People 14, what a concept Right?!? Anyway.. I got responses! Nice!!! This is a good sign. I square myself away and move to the Bird. I precheck it, as I do, and my training and SOP dictate. I meet with a Public Pilot and we are off and running. I CANNOT for the life of me remember his full Name, Nova4 something. Very skilled kid, yea kid. I'm 54 I'll do that, except to Kubbo.A, <3, Love ya Bro! Anywho, This dude was good man, low flyin, highspeed, low drag Baby!!! We did a couple of inserts, a solid job. He had to roll. I was without a stick for a few. Troops rallied back up at the Base, my first time on that map and I really dig it. I awaited another Pilot. As reconsolidation and resupply was occurring more player were coming in and I just waited patiently.

After a bit, a new mission was established, I waited. After a bit Troops were moving LTC. Rosefield flew for me. Nice job by the way! I got the vibe that he would have more fun doing what he does and I saw Hamm log in. I inquired to his status and he was ready to stick it up. Our LTC politely passed the ball and now myself and Section mate would do some work. We got to assist Longshot, I'm really sorry I dont know who the element was but Damn y'all were cool. Not only for your mission but DOING IT RIGHT!! I was getting a really good vibe. Then I began to wonder, battleeye aint kicked me yet.... This could be getting better and TO MY SURPRISE IT DID! We did some Pilot Crew shit, communicating together, refuel etc... boring to the common folk but not us. We were just BSing, waiting. He's as patient as I am and I was honestly surprised. Most ARE NOT. This is another issue I generally have. Hell, ANYBODY that was ever active knows, KNOWS, Hurry up and WAIT!! It happens virtually too boys, it just happens. While we were just talkin and getting to know we noticed Troopers with chutes, backpacks on their chests. OH YEA it's happening! Now I might get this wrong too and I'm sorry if I do. I know that LT. Cosme was in Titan but I dunno who was Zeusing, possibly Cos, I dunno. I havent recognized all the voices yet but He and Gunslinger 6, Swagger (??), maybe, hell I dunno, WERE FREAKIN ROCKIN IT!!! I saw Public player and the Black and Gold getting into their perspective sticks, presumed jumpmasters squaring them away and PEOPLE WERE LISTENING, DISCIPLINED, they were DOING IT!!! OH HELL YEA!! Hamm and I were truly impressed. BUT, I was still skeptical, doesnt help being a cop for 30yrs., something is gonna happen, somethins gonna feed that monster. I became more optimistic when Spit and Muth came on. I knew there would be a fall back.. I remained skeptical. I knew just ANY minute Right?!? NOPE!!!

The Titan took off, Gunslinger Communicated a SItRep to me on 14 (Shocked) and we would be needed for tasking. Ok lets just see how this goes....

YALL KILLED IT!! You made me have the most fantastic experience on TAC 2 I ever had since my return! ALL OF YOU!!! Holy COW!!! From your HALO, to your Shoot, Move and Communicate skills were on freakin par. I found myself talking to my dog, Max, I hope Your Mom doenst come home yet (yea, the wifey) because I DO NOT want to stop. The rhythm was there you were on point. It seemed everyone was playing like we practiced. I am not a streamer, dont have the capability but I wish I was. It was fluid, dynamic just freakin exciting!! If TAC 2 was like this EVERYDAY, shit, I'd be there EVERYDAY. Just doing my Cav Job, but I would do it. SO... My feedback.... The coordination, the attention to detail. Not to mention what all transpired. Just a Great Freakin Job and to what was a blah day was made great by players coming together to accomplish a mission. I'll be back.. I'll do my thing and I hope that the high I am riding doesn't fade too fast. That our Troopers, along with that dedicated player base and some new faces continue this and pass it on to others. Not be concerned with what I can do or what is in it for me but to accomplish the Mission. People say, ArmA is dying or is a dead game. There is no game like ArmA, it takes a special breed, she's a thickle bitch and we have to treat her with respect. It's this commonality that brings us all together in 1st BAT. It's days like today... That make me Proud! Thank you all! I appreciate what you did, how you contributed and how you inspired me to return to TAC 2. Let's keep it going. To quote my former Unit Motto.. "Let's Go"

Thanks Again and as always....
ALL THE WAY!!!!

Boyd.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
Ok,

TAC 2 Positive Feedback This Date Approx 1830hrs. until at or around 203 / 2045CST (Approx. wasn't clocking this thing)
Role:

I am a Cav Crew Chief. It's my job here. I Love it, it is so much fun for me. Let me preface by saying, I am different. I DO NOT get my jollies off on shooting shit all the time. The sights are a little better but... anyway. I enjoy supporting, learning, shaking and moving. Making life just a little easier for my Pilot. Now, I prefer my Pilots but we do what we do. I also am NOT a fan of TAC 2. I generally have issue with persons NOT Fulfilling Their Role, Playing how we practice or Command and Control, Communication issues. Then lets just add the general Rambo, John J. player. The sense you get when you simply just try to talk to someone kindly and receive an Adam Sam Sam in return. I can feel my BP go up and it gives me a headache. Gentlemen, it's not worth fueling my rage monster. It's quite a Monster as well. This said.. I generally sign in to the Crew Chief slot and wait.

Today, without intention to play, I jumped in to adjust my kit, mess with some key binds and I was going to jump off, you know a general PMCS of my game and shit. I was in a corner minding my own and just continued to watch the population increase. Some of the consistent personnel, this was good. As I was accomplishing what I set out to do, I noticed more and more of the Black and Gold getting in. This was much, much better to me. I decided to just roll with it. I watch the Dagger, I listen, I wait. I figured what the hell. Battleeye was goin to kick me soon anyway. Set aside my discrepancies and roll with it. I did my Radio Checks, 14 and 2. YES People 14, what a concept Right?!? Anyway.. I got responses! Nice!!! This is a good sign. I square myself away and move to the Bird. I precheck it, as I do, and my training and SOP dictate. I meet with a Public Pilot and we are off and running. I CANNOT for the life of me remember his full Name, Nova4 something. Very skilled kid, yea kid. I'm 54 I'll do that, except to Kubbo.A, <3, Love ya Bro! Anywho, This dude was good man, low flyin, highspeed, low drag Baby!!! We did a couple of inserts, a solid job. He had to roll. I was without a stick for a few. Troops rallied back up at the Base, my first time on that map and I really dig it. I awaited another Pilot. As reconsolidation and resupply was occurring more player were coming in and I just waited patiently.

After a bit, a new mission was established, I waited. After a bit Troops were moving LTC. Rosefield flew for me. Nice job by the way! I got the vibe that he would have more fun doing what he does and I saw Hamm log in. I inquired to his status and he was ready to stick it up. Our LTC politely passed the ball and now myself and Section mate would do some work. We got to assist Longshot, I'm really sorry I dont know who the element was but Damn y'all were cool. Not only for your mission but DOING IT RIGHT!! I was getting a really good vibe. Then I began to wonder, battleeye aint kicked me yet.... This could be getting better and TO MY SURPRISE IT DID! We did some Pilot Crew shit, communicating together, refuel etc... boring to the common folk but not us. We were just BSing, waiting. He's as patient as I am and I was honestly surprised. Most ARE NOT. This is another issue I generally have. Hell, ANYBODY that was ever active knows, KNOWS, Hurry up and WAIT!! It happens virtually too boys, it just happens. While we were just talkin and getting to know we noticed Troopers with chutes, backpacks on their chests. OH YEA it's happening! Now I might get this wrong too and I'm sorry if I do. I know that LT. Cosme was in Titan but I dunno who was Zeusing, possibly Cos, I dunno. I havent recognized all the voices yet but He and Gunslinger 6, Swagger (??), maybe, hell I dunno, WERE FREAKIN ROCKIN IT!!! I saw Public player and the Black and Gold getting into their perspective sticks, presumed jumpmasters squaring them away and PEOPLE WERE LISTENING, DISCIPLINED, they were DOING IT!!! OH HELL YEA!! Hamm and I were truly impressed. BUT, I was still skeptical, doesnt help being a cop for 30yrs., something is gonna happen, somethins gonna feed that monster. I became more optimistic when Spit and Muth came on. I knew there would be a fall back.. I remained skeptical. I knew just ANY minute Right?!? NOPE!!!

The Titan took off, Gunslinger Communicated a SItRep to me on 14 (Shocked) and we would be needed for tasking. Ok lets just see how this goes....

YALL KILLED IT!! You made me have the most fantastic experience on TAC 2 I ever had since my return! ALL OF YOU!!! Holy COW!!! From your HALO, to your Shoot, Move and Communicate skills were on freakin par. I found myself talking to my dog, Max, I hope Your Mom doenst come home yet (yea, the wifey) because I DO NOT want to stop. The rhythm was there you were on point. It seemed everyone was playing like we practiced. I am not a streamer, dont have the capability but I wish I was. It was fluid, dynamic just freakin exciting!! If TAC 2 was like this EVERYDAY, shit, I'd be there EVERYDAY. Just doing my Cav Job, but I would do it. SO... My feedback.... The coordination, the attention to detail. Not to mention what all transpired. Just a Great Freakin Job and to what was a blah day was made great by players coming together to accomplish a mission. I'll be back.. I'll do my thing and I hope that the high I am riding doesn't fade too fast. That our Troopers, along with that dedicated player base and some new faces continue this and pass it on to others. Not be concerned with what I can do or what is in it for me but to accomplish the Mission. People say, ArmA is dying or is a dead game. There is no game like ArmA, it takes a special breed, she's a thickle bitch and we have to treat her with respect. It's this commonality that brings us all together in 1st BAT. It's days like today... That make me Proud! Thank you all! I appreciate what you did, how you contributed and how you inspired me to return to TAC 2. Let's keep it going. To quote my former Unit Motto.. "Let's Go"

ALL THE WAY!!!!

Swagger was 6, and i was Gunslinger-5, i did the jump brief as jump master :D

Sutodoreh.W

CW4
Active Duty
2/A/1-7 HQ
MP Staff
S7 Staff
Local time
Ok,

Role:

ALL THE WAY!!!!
Gonzalez.E and I were your Longshot element! Glad you had fun, always appreciate having buffalo around :)

Gonzalez.E

Warrant Officer 1
Retired
Local time
6:11 AM
Gonzalez.E and I were your Longshot element! Glad you had fun, always appreciate having buffalo around :)
Ok,

Role:

ALL THE WAY!!!!

Yeah, I'm a flyboy, but you, Hamm and Suto made me feel like a freaking sniper. That insertion was perfect, and later the vehicle delivery was a godsend. Not to mention the several dudes I got to destroy from over a kilometer away. Yesterday was a very good day.

Boyd.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
I absolutely love seeing people work together out there as separate elements to achieve a common goal. I will make an effort to slot as 5/6 more often, seems like things works out really well when we have that leadership in place.
Great work everyone!

Law.S

Corporal
Active Duty
1/A/1-7
S7 Staff
Local time
I shit you not little Brother, It was amazing to be apart of!

All The Way!

Sutodoreh.W

CW4
Active Duty
2/A/1-7 HQ
MP Staff
S7 Staff
Local time
Just some more server feedback for TR2 — not sure who/whether to tag anybody. Excited to have a 7cav account now because it means I can tell y'all who maintain this server how amazing your work is and how fun the server is! Keep on doing what you do <3
  1. Someone (Whitfield?) mentioned that Longshot has again been assigned thermal scopes, but it looks like that change hasn't made it through just yet. If the MX-2A thermal binoculars had any sort of rangefinding function I'd suggest just replacing thermal scopes with that instead, but since it has to be swapped back and forth for a separate rangefinder it's essentially useless. The Nightstalker is honestly the most useful device that a Longshot spotter can have access to, since it allows for both thermal target acquisition as well as a range readout, so I'm glad that it's being brought back :)

2. The Raider-1 Gunner slot seems to be bugged currently, at least on the Dariyah and Tanoa maps. The Gunner slot seems to be arsenal-restricted much more strictly than the Pilot slot, including by not having access to base-game pilot uniforms and base-game vests (if further detail is needed I can go in and see exactly which items were missing, but basically my pilot loadout worked fine in the pilot slot but had no uniform or vest in the gunner slot, and the same error happened to another player who logged in as a gunner later).

3. This may/may not be intentional. Pilots (HOG-1 and RAIDER-1 slots) have access to ENVG thermal/night vision, but Longshot (and maybe other classes?) don't. I assume that access to those is either meant to be for all classes or no classes currently?

4. Not sure whether it can be replicated but I've had a glitch twice now with the new Canadian LUVW-C6 (Armed) where I've parked it somewhere, left, and returned to find it completely out of fuel. Both times the game also wouldn't allow me to enter the driver seat (others were fine), and wouldn't let me access the vehicle cargo menu.

Whitsel.M

Sergeant First Class
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
1. Thermal optics for Longshot were adding in 2 days ago and should be appearing. If they're not just comment here. It might have been an old mission file that was up when the issue was seen.

2. That is likely due to incongruencies between role names. I spent this morning making a permanent fix for the issue with a proper functions library for every role called from the class inits since this issue has come up multiple times.

3. Issue is the same as above but to further explain the intent of the ENVG, they are specifically for use by the crew chief/door gunner roles to aid in spotting targets.

4. We don't have any kind of scripts running on the vehicles so my only guess is that if the vehicle didn't have a busted fuel line a Zeus must have been involved. That said I've seen things broken with TFC I didn't think possible so it's anybody's guess. If the issue keeps happening do report it.

Zlobin.N

Reservist
Retired
Local time
Also on the note of getting people to play their role, what sort of delivery method would yall prefer for that sort of thing? My current idea is that when you join, immediately after you exit the new fancy ROE dialog there is a HUD indicator that stays up for about 60 seconds, which shows you a key or something to press to bring up a menu dialog with information on your class/role and some other things, such as a tutorial for ACRE.

Basically after you join you would get a flashing HUD indicator like 'Press H for Role Info' or something like that which goes away after a bit. Not sure yet how exactly to give players access to this menu. Maybe ACE self interact?

Here is a preview of the dialog, ROE is just what it was at the time of writing this and it will likely be changing.

unknown.png

Chapman.K

Reservist
Discharged
Local time
Coming from a tanker. Is it possible to remove the ability to manual drive a tank of that hasnt been done already? We don't allow solo tanking in our other servers (HLL) and the manual drive bugs out constantly anyway. Anytime I do find myself in Tac 2 looking to get a tank crew together, some random person with no comms has taken the tank and run off to the other side of the map with it.

Local time
Gettin back into Tac 2 after a long hiatus. Am glad to see there are still efforts to improve it.

Also on the note of getting people to play their role, what sort of delivery method would yall prefer for that sort of thing? My current idea is that when you join, immediately after you exit the new fancy ROE dialog there is a HUD indicator that stays up for about 60 seconds, which shows you a key or something to press to bring up a menu dialog with information on your class/role and some other things, such as a tutorial for ACRE.

Basically after you join you would get a flashing HUD indicator like 'Press H for Role Info' or something like that which goes away after a bit. Not sure yet how exactly to give players access to this menu. Maybe ACE self interact?

Here is a preview of the dialog, ROE is just what it was at the time of writing this and it will likely be changing.
-snip-

I think that's a fine idea, though personally I'd force the window to appear after the ROE dialog to ensure that it gets read. Understandably I could see it getting annoying down the line for some people to have to close the same two dialogs all the time, so a "I understand my role, don't show this again" checkbox type deal could help with that (and maybe one for the ROE too? shrug). Haven't read up on the new ROE dialog so I don't know if y'all plan on having it appear every time or just the one time after a player hits 'Agree'.

Also, perhaps generating a Map topic containing that same role information, or a condensed version if needed, could also serve to reinforce to the player the purpose and expectations of their role.

Additionally, I think including what all the roll has access to, or doesn't have access to, whichever is more feasible, would also help players' (both old and new, but mostly new) expectations of what they'll be able to acquire in the arsenal, drive, or spawn in the vehicle spawner.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
12:11 PM
Zlobin.N where is the new SOP for enforcing players to play their chosen role it's been quoted but am unable to find

Local time
FYI, there's something strange going on with Buffalo's chopper on Tanoa at the time I write this.
3 separate times after takeoff and flying about 1km or so away from base, the chopper ends up dropping altitude severely to the point of crashing.
Thought it was pilot error at first as it was night and really foggy, however, on the third attempt I watched the altitude level. We were slowly climbing up to about 100m and then within seconds it dropped like a brick.

I figure y'all have a bug tracker somewhere but I can't find it at this time.

Nvm, found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.