7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey

Perez.J

Discharged
Local time
9:28 AM
Not too serious of an inquiry, but how many Cav members are at least moderately interested in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey?

Now that there is a FPS element to it, it would seem that this sort of game is somewhat aligned with what we do in our main titles.

I keep telling myself it's either Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
5:28 PM
Is it stable yet? I heard that the it was very unstable

Kleinman.H

Regimental Executive Officer
General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
SecOps HQ
JAG HQ
Local time
6:28 PM
I kept wishing for it to become something.

Perez.J

Discharged
Local time
9:28 AM
Maco.D I've played at least 10 hours in the past week and it plays stable enough for me.

Mechanics can still use a little bit of polish, and the "maps" are (at the moment) fairly small. No large PvP events I am aware of. It does seem to permit a combined arms gameplay though, which could be very interesting.

The main appeal is that the galaxy is perpetually up for grabs in Open Play (PvPvE).

IMO Star Citizen has more polish to the FPS element, but anyone who has followed that development knows its' timeline to launch is a cliffhanger.

Sweetwater.I

The Man Himself
Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
11:28 AM
I'm not going to buy in until I see that the developers are making progress on developing the game content.
As I've got over 3,000 hours in ED:Horizions and have visited beagles point with triple elite, I feel like I've seen all there is to the game, so I don't feel like there is any reason to keep playing right now.