7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

A Dissapointing Experience

Local time
3:56 AM
My brother and I have been getting back into Hell Let Loose and have been playing a lot for a couple months. We were surprised to see how supportive and fun the Hell Let Loose community has become (especially considering we play on console lol). We received a few offers to join clans but wanted to keep our options open, especially when we discovered that 7th Cav had a player base on HLL (both my bro and I had played ARMA ll and ARMA lll on 7th Cav public servers and really enjoyed our time there). So when we got into our first game of the night and realized the team was populated with many people sporting the 7th tag, we were really excited to work with a community that we had so much reverence for. To say our expectations were not realized would be an understatement. The commander "Goon" sounded like he was genuinely bothered to be in the commander role. We set up a set of nodes and offered to set up a blue line garrison, seeing that we only had one active garrison, and the commander declined. As soon as he could the commander spawned in a couple heavy tanks for 7th Cav tank crews so we grabbed the default recon tank and moved to the front to help how we could. It was around this time the fourth tank crew asked for a light tank, to which there was no response from commander. We took Dug Out and proceeded to the 4th objective where the PuG tank crew asked for a light tank. Again, no response from commander despite him having enough fuel (at this point there was a half track, 2 heavy tanks and a recon tank on the field). At this point it was clear the PuG tank crew was being ignored by commander, told the commander off, and left. The commander immediately demanded to know who had spoken like that to him and stated that if that guy hadn't had left, he would of kicked him. The general mood at this point was very tense and depressed. We sucked it up and started moving to the last point when someone exclaimed that a friendly heavy tank was about to be satcheled. We sped over in our recon tank and managed to kill the enemy sapper but not before he managed to kill the tank crew that got out to try and fight him. We scanned the tank over for a satchel and let the tank know that they were clear. In response we got a frustrated, depressed, and someone sarcastic acknowledgment. We got back in our recon tank, pushed up to the last point and helped secure it. As our team was capping the final point, the commander said in command chat, in a depressed and sad tone, gg.

Considering our expectations upon realizing we were in a game with primarily 7th Cav members (remembering the community as an effective, on point, fun loving and excitable group) compared with what we had experienced in that short, weirdly tense, and depressed game was nothing short of a complete let down and disappointment. Our search to find a clan continues. In memory of all of our fond times in ARMA, my bro and I wish the best for the 7th Cav Community and hope these guys can find a way to get back to basics and remember to have fun and spread that joy to all those they come in contact with.

Nexhex.A

Command Sergeant Major
CSM
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
WAG HQ
Local time
Hey Stevo2022,

Thank you for sharing your experience and even though it may not have been the best it’s nice to see people still remembering the Arma days of old. I’m going to pass this down to the leadership in our Console area and make sure we follow up and improve.

Hopefully next time you see 7th Cav tags it’ll be a significantly more enjoyable experience.

Wiseman.L

First Sergeant
Active Duty
B/ACD HQ
RTC HQ
S7 HQ
S1 Staff
S5 Staff
S3 Staff
Local time

Jay.M

Captain
Active Duty
SPD Coordinator
WAG HQ
MP HQ
S5 HQ
Local time
8:56 AM
I’m wondering if this was the 7th Ranger server? We’ve been mixed up with them before. “Goon” is not one of ours so he was either making empty threats, or he was another clan?

Wiseman.L

First Sergeant
Active Duty
B/ACD HQ
RTC HQ
S7 HQ
S1 Staff
S5 Staff
S3 Staff
Local time
I’m wondering if this was the 7th Ranger server? We’ve been mixed up with them before. “Goon” is not one of ours so he was either making empty threats, or he was another clan?
Yeah we don’t use that callsign either

Cree.T

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/ACD
Local time
1:56 AM
There is also a group on console that runs Clans tags [7TH] and they are the 7TH Fallschirmjägers.

My time spent as B/ACD CO had me mitigate many complaints that had confused us with them. They have been reported many times for grieving, kicking people from games for no reason other than to free up slots and all around bad attitudes towards blue berry's.

If OP can confirm if tags were 7TH or 7CAV this could once again be a case of mistaken identity.