7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

Voice Issue with HLL Information

Dornbierer.J

Corporal
Rest in Peace
Local time
5:26 PM
I had a voice input problem with HLL after the April 5 SP, which I later resolved. I wanted to post what happened in case anyone else ever has this problem.

After the SP I played more HLL and realized my voice chat was out. When I hit the ‘C’ or ‘V’ key I would see the three small flashes, but no name, which shows who is talking. No one in game could hear me. It worked fine during the SP, so I had no idea what was wrong.

I validated the HLL files, rebooted the PC, and in HLL Options / Audio I cycled the ‘Connected’ and Disconnected’ settings but the problem remained. Then something CPL Garcia said during the SP came to mind. Unlike Teamspeak, Skype, Zoom or other software, HLL doesn’t allow you to choose your voice input and sound output devices. Whatever Win10 Sound Options has set for voice input and sound output is what HLL uses.

I checked my Win10 sound settings, and both input / output were set to use my sound card. I don’t have a mic connected to my sound card; I use either my Webcam mic or my headset mic. With no mic connected to the sound card, HLL got no voice input. I changed my voice input on Win10 to the webcam mic and that restored the voice input to HLL.

What I can’t figure out is how or why Win10 changed that particular setting to begin with. The only thing I did different during the SP was switch my Teamspeak input / output to my USB headset, since people are often talking in-game and in TS simultaneously. But that shouldn’t have mattered, because when I went to talk in-game, it worked fine. Main thing is, it works now.

Anyway, I hope this helps.