7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

A Proper Farewell and a Thank You

Molyneux.E

Reservist
Discharged
Local time
5:00 AM
Hello again brothers and sisters of the Yellow and Black.
Honestly, I have no idea if I ever made a lasting impression on anybody who is still here. If I did, it was probably mixed positivity and negativity.

I have discharged twice (so far) but I've never given a proper farewell, so I thought I'd finally give it a try for anyone who cares, and for myself I guess.

I found the Cav back in the summer of 2018, actually the Cav found me, more accurately MAJ.Blackburn.J did. SGT.vanderHulst helped me through bootcamp and soon SGT.Mapstone would welcome me in B/3/B/1-7, the section I'd spend my first spell in and eventually take over as squad leader.
I fondly remember my time in 3/B, my first SP with SPC.Gerrish that made me fall in love with the cav, and the brother I'd find in PVT.Barton.E when he joined after my only ELOA that mysteriously vanished from my Milpacs.
Gerrish, Thor, Rodda, Blackburn.A, Tokarev (Corveaux), O'Malley, Grimm, Tictac (Teixeira.J), Nexhex, Barton, Archer.
A sincere thank you is in place for giving me a home in a time where I felt I had none.
I've had the luck to be graced with exemplary SLs throughout my time and I always strived to give that back to the next people that would join. I think I ultimately failed in this even though I poured my heart and soul into both my sections.

The leaders that would come to shape my own values and that I would look up to.
Gerrish, Thor, Nexhex, Grimm, Ryan, Tharen, Argus, Tully, Waldie, Phoenix, Collins, Wiese, Green, Rosefield.
I thank you all for defining standards and giving me perspective and tools that I will use for the rest of my life. I apologize for the times I let you down. Some of you I let down big time.

To the many brothers and sisters that I consider friends, too many to name. You may not see me as a friend or even hate me, but I still appreciate the light you brought with you into my life.

To the peers I felt nothing short of awe for because of their standout drive, passion and consideration.
Abate, Cobel, Raeder, Geki, Black, Grey.V, Kelso
You set the bar almost too high, but it's been a joy watching you all grow and improve this place.

To the many people that made both my sections homes. Naming those who aren't already named and surely missing several;
Bowden, Penfold, Rozhkov, Kelly, Katsu, Lee.H, Maclure, Woodcock, Tsin

To the people I hurt and whose relations I shattered. I'm truly sorry. I do not expect you to forgive me, but I want you to know that I regret it all.
Troop.D and Blackburn.A come to mind, but there are surely more.

To you who actually cared enough to read this or perhaps had nothing better to do, thank you for your time.

Lastly, to the Cav. Thank you for the life lessons and skills you've given me. For making me a slightly better person and for giving me a place to escape during the worst period of my life. I love you all.
I'm on the up now in life, feeling rested and hopeful for the future for the first time since that summer of 2018. I don't think I'll ever be reenlisting again, but maybe I'll be seen on one of the public servers. Who knows, those who populate Tac 2 will find out ;)

Thank you,
Molyneux

Mann.M

CW3
Active Duty
SPD Coordinator
RTC Staff
Local time
4:00 AM
Take care Moly

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
3:00 AM
Take good care Moly! :)

Abate.L

Sergeant First Class
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
4:00 AM
It is people like yourself that make it all worthwhile Moly! Make it the awesome place to enjoy the games we hold dear and the laughs we inevitably have. Go-karts and M240Bs come to mind :ROFLMAO:

Trust me when I say you will be sorely missed by all. Those that had the opportunity to have known you and have a right old time playing alongside you in this community we hold dear.

I wish you all the best with uni and beyond mate.

LA

Morrow.J

Corporal
Retired
Local time
10:00 PM
Man yeah I joined back that same year and felt then as you say you did. Needed a place to forget it all and come to relax and forget about worries and a group of folks to befriend and I found a great brotherhood in the cav. Many of those names that you listed I have had great memories with and a lot of good flashbacks just reading those names. You never hurt me man, I wish you the very best in your life, you’re one helluva guy! Take care and god speed!

Dubois.F

Reservist
Discharged
Local time
11:00 PM
Au revoir molyneux , It's been nice playing with you mate , hope to see you soon !