Donation Incentive

Moskal.C

Corporal
Active Duty
1/A/3-7
S2 HQ
Local time
10:54 AM
Getting into public Cav servers during peak times can be time consuming and frustrating. Members have the same waiting que as the public. My suggestion is to create a program where if someone donates 5.00 dollars to the Cav, they are white listed to all Cav servers for the month. I feel that allowing members that donate to skip the wait would be a real perk to donating and increase donations.

Maco.D

Corporal
Active Duty
1/B/1-7
Local time
4:54 PM
I'm can't comment on the people who make those decisions but I for one will say that would be a bad idea because not alot of people can do £/$5 each month for whatever reason and you risk a possibility of elitism. It is also a large thing to handle as remember the Cav is over 500 members and if each person did this that is alot of work for people to handle even to make a program to auto handle it. Though mostly the part of possible elitism can be a big issue.

Tharen.R

Regimental Adjutant General
Major General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
Local time
11:54 AM
AR.Moskal.C,

Thank you for your suggestion. We strongly believe donations are voluntary and come from the generosity of our membership. Providing a pay to play service to get on our public servers is a grey area we probably won't explore that turns a donation into a payment for priority server access that would have business implications for a non-profit organization. For technical reasons, there's probably also no easy way to automate that idea and would require a lot of manual data entry and time from limited volunteer staff every month to maintain those whitelists that we simply do not have to execute this type of idea on multiple public servers with multiple games. I hope that answers your question.

In general, we could always use more generous donations to support the upkeep of all of our gaming servers though! Donate today and thank you to those that already have this month!

https://7cav.us/donations/donate?donation_goal_id=5 :cavdab: