Addition to the enlistment form

Lamb.J

Corporal
Active Duty
S3 Staff
2/B/1-7
Local time
7:28 AM
Just a general thought, but while looking at the Enlistment form, I noticed there wasn't a section to let recruits explain how they heard about us/why they wish to enlist. I feel these questions should be asked so we can gather further data to maximize recruitment efforts, and figure out where our efforts should be focused. Is it social media? From one of our various tactical realism servers? Getting their feedback on how they heard about us and what interested them in enlisting could help us capitalize on these aspects to further boost numbers.

Baeder.S

Recruiting Oversight Officer
Lieutenant General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
ROO HQ
Local time
1:28 PM
Under review.

Connelly.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
8:28 AM
I too have a a suggestion to get a year of birth and such for age verification purpose

Mann.M

CW3
Active Duty
SPD Coordinator
Local time
12:28 PM
I too have a a suggestion to get a year of birth and such for age verification purpose
Disagree, personal identifiable information is not a game to play with now there is modern regulation for data protection.
If people put themselves the way they do currently that’s one thing; but a “I am 18 or above” should suffice. It’s just as easy for the liars to lie on both examples of this question.

Baeder.S

Lieutenant General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
ROO HQ
Local time
Disagree, personal identifiable information is not a game to play with now there is modern regulation for data protection.

Couldn't have it said better myself. We didn't ask for it in the past - and there was nothing lost in translation from the old webpage.

Morrow.J

Corporal
Retired
Local time
7:28 AM
Y’all should add a note on the bottom right above submit button explaining that recruits need to check their inbox daily for x amount of time to ensure they receive and reply to the welcome letter. I feel this would decrease the amount of denied enlistments due to timeouts

Rob.Y

Colonel
Active Duty
2-7 HQ
S3 HQ
Local time
Will say prior to the new website, we had a question for how did you find us, as a processor I can say last year that question was commonly answered and we do track that data, its much less common now and something that would be cool to add back, sure its on the long lists of stuff and things for our friends in S6 :).

Interesting suggestion Morrow, think that holds some merit, I can say when I signed up the first time I thought I was going to be messaged on steam, I actually had to re-enlist to get in.

Mix.C

Major
Active Duty
B/2-7 HQ
S3 HQ
RRD Staff
Local time
5:28 AM
As long as we are speaking generally about the enlistment process (and forgive me if I am dragging this thread too far afield) I have been thinking for a while that the website makes enlistment an unnecessarily obscure process.

It seems to me that there ought to be a big red button entitled “enlistment” on our front page. This should link to a brief pitch for joining the Cav, a list of the requirements and a step by step guide to the enlistment process. All of this should not require a forum account to view and should be dead simple to fine for anyone visiting the website for the first time.

As it stands now, the path to enlistment is rather hard to find.

Baeder.S

Lieutenant General
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
ROO HQ
Local time
Thank you for your suggestions in here. I will take them into consideration - I cannot promise that everything will be implemented though.

Please keep in mind that at the end of the day, they are applying for a gaming community — and not for a seat in the local government 😉. But I definitely saw something to think about.

Rob.Y

Colonel
Active Duty
2-7 HQ
S3 HQ
Local time
Sir,
With all due respect,
Pretty sure there are more people vested in this community than gives a flying raccoons buttox who is the mayor of Millers Falls MA (my current residence)
Something I hope you consider in earnest.
Yours Truly XOXO,
1LT.Rob.Y

[if not obvious, lots of sarcasm and thank you Gen.Baeder for keeping an open mind :) ]

Tiddens.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
It seems to me that there ought to be a big red button entitled “enlistment” on our front page. This should link to a brief pitch for joining the Cav, a list of the requirements and a step by step guide to the enlistment process. All of this should not require a forum account to view and should be dead simple to fine for anyone visiting the website for the first time.

So I just checked what you can see when you visit our forums without an account, and this is the forum list they can see:

FnPxF6M.png

They are also able to read all 3 topics in the recruit requirements section that contain:
# Minimal requirements for joining
# A basic guide to help find the info for your enlistment papers
# The enlistment process from the moment you file your enlistment until you get to bootcamp (and from there RTC will take you on and guide you further)

Mix.C

Major
Active Duty
B/2-7 HQ
S3 HQ
RRD Staff
Local time
5:28 AM
So I just checked what you can see when you visit our forums without an account, and this is the forum list they can see:

FnPxF6M.png

They are also able to read all 3 topics in the recruit requirements section that contain:
# Minimal requirements for joining
# A basic guide to help find the info for your enlistment papers
# The enlistment process from the moment you file your enlistment until you get to bootcamp (and from there RTC will take you on and guide you further)
Oh I know it. And yet as a recruiter I am often hearing from potential recruits that they looked at the website and did not know what to do next. I also need to direct folks to the enlistment section of the forums even if they have made accounts.

I know it seems obvious to those of us who have our heads around the forums and how they work but I can assure you from experience that for many people it is not at all obvious how to join the Cav even if they have found the website.

Galdis.D

Sergeant
Dishon. Discharge
Local time
A "why do you want to join" section to fill out might come off as overly sentimental or an unnecessary extra step to some (I know it does to me), and it might result in people submitting essays with TMI. This is a gaming clan, we know why people want to join. Morrow's suggestion to add a section reminding people to check back on their form, and check their spam inboxes, is simple and fantastic. Just my two cents.

Tiddens.M

Corporal
Discharged
Local time
Morrow's suggestion to add a section reminding people to check back on their form, and check their spam inboxes, is simple and fantastic. Just my two cents.
Back on the old site the bot already told you to check your inbox, and still people got timed out because they don't open the forums anymore after putting in the enlistment paper