7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

Before i enlist Questions

Local time
6:05 PM
So reading about the names real name and usernames what about video game names like my name right now.

Also for BCT for recruits that have random work schedule and has to work on the days on BCT week do you just tell the DI or is there no exception to missing any BCT days because of IRL events or work.

Also drills do you show up once a week or so many days of a week.

Wulf.C

CW3
Active Duty
1/A/1-7 HQ
S7 Staff
Local time
So video game names like what you have won't work. You can use either your real name or make up a name that is like a real name and I believe it can't reference a character name. If you do sign up and choose a name your account will be updated with that name here on the forums and of course you'll have to adjust your teamspeak and in-game name.

Not too sure about BCT but I would be surprised if it was totally inflexible, we take things a bit more seriously as per the milsim nature of this clan but we understand this is still a gaming clan, and people lives take precedent over gaming.

Drills or sections practices as we call them are once a week and there is options available to you if you can't attend. I recommend when you join that you look at the SP times/days for every section and just find which one you'll most likely be available to attend on a consistent basis.

If you miss your sections' practice you can attend another sections practice anywhere in the Cav as long as it's for the same game. So if you're signing up for Arma you can take any section practice [if you can't attend yours] as long as it's an Arma section practice and not another game. We've got 3 companies [in Arma], mechanized infantry/armour, airborne, and aviation. Amongst those 3 there's dozens of sections and each one has a different day and time of section practice so you have plenty of options to choose from.

You can also talk to your squad lead or your platoon lead & sergeant and they can run a make-up SP with you.

If none of that works you can file a 2-week Leave of Absence that cover's you for 2 weeks, and one of those weeks can cover you retroactively.

Hop on teamspeak if you wanna ask more questions :D

Whitfield.L

Reservist
Reserve
Local time
Greetings Snake,

Glad to see all these excellent questions & hopefully I can answer them here.

1 - Regarding names, unfortunately, Solid Snake would not fly. We have a pretty well-defined standard at the top of our Enlistment Application where enlistee's names may no impersonate any names of importance from things such as "novels, television, movies, etc..."

2 - As for scheduling your Bootcamp, it doesn't have to be a scheduled day. Life should come over the Cav. Talk to your DI, work something out. Those times were stated to reserve the Servers for RTCs Bootcamp. We're pretty flexible.

3 - Officially, Section Practices (1-7 / 2-7) do occur once a week for the hour they're slotted for. Although, if you miss an SP, you may either conduct a "make-up" with another Squad's SP, meet 1on1 with your Squad Leader, or file for a Leave of Absence (LOA).

If you got any more questions, please shoot away here, on our Discord or Teamspeak! I'd love to help you!

Regards,
Whitfield