7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

Share Your Favorite Cav Memories! V2

Raeder.U

1st Lieutenant
Active Duty
S3 HQ
Share some of your favorite moments related to the Cav, whether they were in game or not!

The old thread wasn't around very long due to the forum upgrade (only a few months), but the Cav has been around for over 18 years so I'm sure there are plenty of good stories that have yet to be told!

Coots.J

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/C/1-7 SL/ASL
S3 Staff
When @Schmidt.A made me his medic back in 2013 and realized that was the worst mistake of his Cav Career.

When @Centeno.JP and myself were both in the TVT I told him to take his fireteam and cross the street. I watched from a window as his entire fireteam was slowly killed before my eyes.

Citarelli.D

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/C/1-7 SL/ASL
One of the most memorable moments of my cav career, is during the first Charlie co TVT, when we were tasked with mortor and MG support.

The platoon was pinned at misfit 1 alpha, just next to the objective. A call for broken arrow was approved, 6 rounds HE on target. Upon firing, I noted the fires on the comms, and was told to send again. I sent another 6 rounds he on target. I believe you can see the results in coots' live stream at the time.

While this was happening, 2 MG reams were holding down the north western flank. They say they confimed at least 12 kills between the two MGs alone, but it must have been more than that.

I'll never forget it when @Coots.J called for danger close and was immediately approved by Mackey. And then when they queued up on radio, hearing the splash and hearing another call for fire.

I believe the MG teams held down their lane and my mortars allows the Platoon to Maneuver. Idk how many we killed all told but I can tell you that it must have been enough because we won that match. And I'll gladly do it again.

Raeder.U

1st Lieutenant
Active Duty
S3 HQ
One of the most memorable moments of my cav career, is during the first Charlie co TVT, when we were tasked with mortor and MG support.

The platoon was pinned at misfit 1 alpha, just next to the objective. A call for broken arrow was approved, 6 rounds HE on target. Upon firing, I noted the fires on the comms, and was told to send again. I sent another 6 rounds he on target. I believe you can see the results in coots' live stream at the time.

While this was happening, 2 MG reams were holding down the north western flank. They say they confimed at least 12 kills between the two MGs alone, but it must have been more than that.

I'll never forget it when @Coots.J called for danger close and was immediately approved by Mackey. And then when they queued up on radio, hearing the splash and hearing another call for fire.

I believe the MG teams held down their lane and my mortars allows the Platoon to Maneuver. Idk how many we killed all told but I can tell you that it must have been enough because we won that match. And I'll gladly do it again.

I believe I have this OP recorded somewhere, never found the time to cut it. But I remember the situation you describe pretty clear. One day I'm going to dig through all my footage...

Coots.J

Staff Sergeant
Active Duty
2/C/1-7 SL/ASL
S3 Staff
Please @Raeder.U I want to see that. Calling that in was my last resort and I remember just hiding inside my building covering the stairs hearing them hit right outside of the building and hitting the building itself.

Raeder.U

1st Lieutenant
Active Duty
S3 HQ
Not a Cav game but definitely a great Cav memory.

Waldie.A Wolfman.C Blackburn.A this was an absolute meme

----------------------

Creating this video to promote Operation Tonga was certainly a memorable experience and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome of both the video and the OP which seemed to be overall enjoyed.

Definitely want to do a similar video for a future event OP whether it's WW2 or Vietnam or something else entirely. At this point it's basically a tradition for me to make a video to go along with any special OP I run.
----------------------

This was part of an unfinished video I was working on last year to promote B/1-7, however, I never got around to finishing it. I may revisit it one day. It was one of the first projects I started so it's definitely a little rough compared to the video I made for Tonga.

-------------------

This was a fun airborne OP that I cut up the jump into a highlight.

---------------------

Not a Cav game but once again a good Cav memory. Nexhex.A Storm.A Miller.B Anderson.J

Wish we'd play this again, we clapped enemy teams on the regular :D

Raeder.U

1st Lieutenant
Active Duty
S3 HQ
Oh, and I'll carry this over from the old thread before the new forums:

Who could forget the danger close napalm run(s) from Operation Poltergeist back in April 2020? I was lucky to have been at the right place right time with the Zeus camera to capture this.

Those of you who were on the ground that day: Y'all went through some sh*t, that's for sure. Phuoc Tuy never forget Coots.J

Blackburn.A

Corporal
Active Duty
S3 Staff
1/B/1-7

Who could forget the danger close napalm run(s) from Operation Poltergeist back in April 2020? I was lucky to have been at the right place right time with the Zeus camera to capture this.

Those of you who were on the ground that day: Y'all went through some sh*t, that's for sure. Phuoc Tuy never forget Coots.J

do you have the clip of my scout and his fate after US forces landed?

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/1-7

I remember spotting that dude and firing the first shot and the cannonade that ensued right after. And as we pushed in, the amount of casualties we patched up and the boys getting stitched, then going back and getting carried back by us medic or the others, some of them 3-4 times, still alive and still going back into the fray.

Insane combat that day.