Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

Calender For public Players

Whitehead.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7
Local time
10:59 AM
Make the callender OR public operations availible for website visitors that dont have an account recently have had a Small dedicated group test out our public server they seem to like it was about to send them the link to our WFW post and realised that they didnt have access to see it.

idealaly making the callender availible to all visitors with a public operations only visable would be the best approach in my mind but i know there may be some struggles implementing this so maybe a different page on the forums for public operations?

Raeder.U

Sergeant First Class
Retired
Local time
5:59 AM
The operations forum was viewable by the public on the old website before the switchover back in the beginning of 2021; we figured the lack of this was an oversight on the new website and S3 was working via the CoC on trying to get the Operations forums viewable to the general public again a few months ago (or, barring that, a dedicated forum section open to the public for public operations). Burgundy.C had initially approved the request during furlough, however, shortly after furlough, we realized that calendar event links on the website could be viewed by the public, so we dropped our pursuit of it as it was made moot by that fact.

However, it seems something may have changed at some point, as it is no longer possible to view calendar event links (e.g. https://7cav.us/events/341/) while not logged in.

Perhaps this is something we should re-visit? Rob.Y

I imagine Fields.Q and S5 would find this useful as well, as it would more easily allow them to showcase our events when reaching out and inviting other communities to our public or joint operations.

Fields.Q

2nd Lieutenant
Active Duty
S5 HQ
S1 Staff
WAG Staff
Local time
3:59 AM
I'm not sure how I missed this but I'm just now seeing this.