M1 A2 Abrams Fire Control System issue (Currently being Fixed)

Discussion in 'Public Suggestion Box' started by Lamb.J, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Lamb.J

Lamb.J B/1-7 ASL Sergeant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 Operations Staff
    Recently I submitted a request to RHS in regards to the M1 Abrams Fire control system being off and moving. RHS has returned my request and has asked for a video in regards to the issue so they can better determine the problem and fix it. If there is anyone who is willing to record a video on the issue with the Abrams, please let me know so I can submit it to RHS, and thus get the M1 Abrams back in the Cav!!

Maco.D and Poentis.K like this.
  2. Tharen.R

Tharen.R 1-7 Commander Major Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Officer In Charge
    Poentis.K likes this.
  3. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Copy, they are asking for more in depth video on the issue and I talked it over with one of the devs. He may have a possible solution to the issue at hand, but he is asking for more specifics.

Poentis.K likes this.
  4. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    I don't know if there's a long term solution he can give us, or if there's a temporary fix, such as a server script with global execution

Poentis.K likes this.
  5. Tharen.R

Tharen.R 1-7 Commander Major Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Officer In Charge
    Roger. I would recommend getting with your SL/CoC and seeing what they could do to help with a video since they should also be equally invested in getting this problem fixed as fellow armor crewman. :)

Thank you for your help!

@Anderson.J @York.K @Miller.B

Poentis.K likes this.
  6. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Done and done, thanks again Captain!

Tharen.R and Poentis.K like this.
  7. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Update: RHS says there is nothing they can do. They have stated that Bohemia will need to do something about it clashing with a script

8. York.K

York.K B/1-7 Platoon Staff 2nd Lieutenant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S2 - Investigator, S3 - Arma 3 TCS Lead, RTC - Executive Officer, NCO Academy - Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 Pub Operations Staff
    Looks like we're going to adopt the Leopard for the foreseeable future

9. Poentis.K

Poentis.K C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

sadly I guess so.. the only hope we have is if RHS/Bohemian Dev reyhard can track down the bug since this is right down to the core of the vanilla game, but that will probably not be a priority in development. They're working on two DLCs at the moment :(.

Still, if any SPOTREP goes through, I'll be on the lookout for ANY mention of animateSource.

Tharen.R likes this.
  10. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    I believe I can execute a local script as a temporary fix. Only problem is, that the Server admin will need to insert it each time we are on any of the server. Which isn't ideal, but...…..

11. Vex.W

Vex.W A/1-7 Trooper Warrant Officer 1 Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 Pub Operations Staff, S6 - Game Clerk
    There is this beautiful thing in scripting where you can tell an object to do something, every time it is respawned/initialized. JB uses it for Tac-1 for player respawns/initial spawns.

Binks.J likes this.
  12. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Perhaps we could get the script to execute every time the Abrams is used on any of the server, with a manual reset.

Another possible solution I came up with, is that we use the CUP M1A2 Abrams from the CUP mod. The FCS on those Abrsms are 100% accurate and effective when aiming and firing. There are also a few benefits with these Abrams as well. Infantry can also ride on the tank in various spots, meaning that if they ever need a lift, Saber units can allow infantry units a little rest from walking. I've run it through various tests, and I feel it could be a great replacement. One issue some might see, is that you need two more CUP mods (i.e CUP Weapons, and CUP Units.) But I would say this is a benefit as these mods add more enemy elements, friendly units, weapons, vehicles and the M-60 Patton tank (which is an oldie, but a goodie). Though this would have to be run up the COC first. Currently I'm working on a Script that seems to correct the FCS issue, but I'll need to do more tests first before I can safely say it's good to go for use.

Medic.S likes this.
  13. Binks.J

Binks.J B/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    Regimental Recruiting - Recruiter
    Well that will never happen. Seems RHS cares no longer to support or update thier mods, and no developer has or is going to change thier own code to not clash with a third party modder's code.

14. Tully.B

Tully.B Lieutenant Colonel Discharged

Lamb, please PM me your fix (or at least keep me in the loop as you develop it). I also have a different approach I want to test out, hopefully this weekend, to see if we can get them working again.

Ryan.B likes this.
  15. Poentis.K

Poentis.K C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

how is "nothing they can do" not caring for their mod? They JUST SAID.. IT'S A BUG.. IN THE BOHEMIA SCRIPTS... I'm sick and tired just as much as they are of people who demand so much from them and say they don't care when they don't get it.

16. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Roger that Major, I'll keep you in the loop as I do a bit of tweaking on it. Also, I would recommend testing the CUP Abrams to see how well it functions

Ryan.B likes this.
  17. Bojan

Bojan

@Lamb.J I'd appreciate if you could send me that fix as well so we can deploy it on Tac2.

18. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Copy. It's a script that would need to be locally executed in the game through the Admin Debug console, which isn't ideal in terms of having to enter it in constantly every time you log in. But its a minor patch. Maj. Ben Tully has a proposed plan as well that may be more useable in the long run, IF it works. it hasn't been tested yet

Binks.J likes this.