Swanson.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/2-7
S1 Staff
S6 Staff
Local time
7:51 PM
I will make a form that we can all fill :)

Swanson.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/2-7
S1 Staff
S6 Staff
Local time
Alright! Here it is!
The result from a previous poll sent to interrested people are in!
The location is 50/50. 10 of us are from the USA, 9 of us from Canada and 1 other (huh?).

8 out of 9 Canadiens have a passport.

The event is going to happen in the US.

The activities suggested are the following:
  • Museum (most popular)
  • Curling
  • Bar (Obviously)
  • Paintball/Airsoft (popular)
  • Restaurant
  • Bowling
Although it would be very fun to play paintball or Airsoft, it is very expensive and not for everyone. Keep in mind that some of us are coming from the Canada and have to pay travel + hotel fees. Plus, I don't know about insurance from a Canadian in the US… Paintball and airsoft are not the safest activities. Also, it may be demanding for some of us to do those activities.

Museum seems to be a good choice. We could (or WILL) absolutely get to a restaurant or a bar and/or a bowling after the museum. Its hard to select some places for that if we don't know in what state the event is going to happen.

So, here is a list of museum that I have found interesting on 6 North East states: (you can scroll right for the website)

You can add some suggestions in the list. Please follow the cells.

The hours (drive) from Montréal are just a reference for us Canadians.

Here is a poll to vote for your favourite museum: https://forms.gle/H29RKgEAXPp4Qoj5A

Based on the chosen museum, I will find restaurants, bars, curling, bowling facilities and even hotels for everyone.

In term of dates : Week-ends of May and June seems to be popular.

Note that for those that cannot attend, I will organize a second meeting, this time, in Canada (Most likely in Ottawa)

Please note that I have never been to the US. A Canadian organizing a meetup in the US might not be optimal. I am trying me best here and I am very open to suggestions and comments.

Thank you!

Zulu.P

Sergeant
Active Duty
1/A/2-7 SL/ASL
S5 HQ
Local time
6:51 PM
As long as the family is good I can also make it.

Swanson.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/2-7
S1 Staff
S6 Staff
Local time
Hello everyone,

Quick update on were we at in the discussion :
The first activity is going to be :

Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park at 1 Naval, Marina Park S, Buffalo, NY 14202, États-Unis - https://buffalonavalpark.org/
I will be staying at this hotel : Hyatt Regency Buffalo / Hotel And Conference Center - 3 star hotel at 164$ (for now) a night. Not the least expensive but not the most either. Hopefully we all stay at this hotel so we can travel easly and if we are enough, we could maybe get a group rebate?!? This hotel is downtown so i will find other activity and give some suggestions soon!
June is the most popular month. It will be a week-end in June. I will makle another poll so we can all vote for the best week-end.

Korfias.F

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/2-7 SL/ASL
S1 HQ
S3 Staff
Local time
6:51 PM
Interested depending on the weekend decided

Swanson.B

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/2-7
S1 Staff
S6 Staff
Local time
Hello,

To everyone that want to attend the meetup, you have to fill the following form : https://forms.gle/sKcd2TfUNJ5qxhVT6

This is for reservation purpose.
Once your name is in there, i will be sending a private message to all the subscribers with the final informations.

Thank you

Delorme.M

Private First Class
Active Duty
1/C/ACD
RRD Staff
Local time
5:51 PM
I’m in Sask yall should come here lmao

Anderson.P

1st Lieutenant
Active Duty
2/E/2-7 HQ
S5 HQ
RRD Staff
Local time
Bumping this lovely chat

Teddy.J

Sergeant
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
S1 Staff
S7 Staff
S3 Staff
Local time
Hello,

To everyone that want to attend the meetup, you have to fill the following form : https://forms.gle/sKcd2TfUNJ5qxhVT6

This is for reservation purpose.
Once your name is in there, i will be sending a private message to all the subscribers with the final informations.

Thank you
Form no longer works, Im in Ottawa and need to get my passport but I'm totally down to try and join in on this. Also let me know if something happens in Ottawa as well.