Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

FNF - Friday Night Fights report 1-7-2022

Smithson.R

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/ACD
Local time
6:36 AM
Tonight I joined my first FNF event on the FNF discord.

Not knowing fully what to expect I was glad to see several of us representing 7CAV out there! Event took place 1-7-22 from 7pm CST to 9PM CST.

Special thanks to:
PVT.Arteth, PFC.Kilo, SPC.Steel, SSG.Wolf, Mitchell, CPL.Jinto, SGT.Smith, CPL.Bacon, SPC.Steel, myselves (and a few others that I might have missed due to the name-change-issue that comes with hopping to other discord servers) for showing attendance there and representing the CAV in infantry and a suburb armor demonstration.

Game time at 7pm CST I found out that most squads and roles were filled in with a roster that was kept up live during our pre-game briefing. Some latecomers where distributed over the squads that were not full.

fnf.png

We started logging in to a locked server (password was provided in discord) on the opposite team. This would swap everyone to the correct team once the map was swapped/reloaded. Map switch also meant instant "LIVE" just as we are used to on our events.

Infantry squads were divided in groups of 7 and each had their own discord channel. This would allow for each squad to have 2 squad leaders. For example: Squad 1 consisted of ABLE and BAKER squad. This would allow the members of squad 1 to switch between ABLE and BRAVO during the game but never to exceed 7 members total. Sometimes during the game this would result in a 4-3 configuration or even a 5-2 configuration depending on the needs of the squad leader and the defensive or offensive strategy ran.

The map choice for this event was: SAINT MARIE DU MONT

FATi7knVQAMdebA.jpg

Things that I noticed right away were the fast game pace and the minimum comms and clear call outs by the squad leaders. Since we were thoroughly briefed before the game started everyone knew what was expected from them. The squad leader mainly managed the squad by assigning us to the offensive or defensive OP. The "hopping squad" in the flex-squad was something I was not used to and it's different from the 7cav play style and so that took a little bit to get used to. Seeing it in practice I know understand it's strength as a way of playing.

Garrison and OP placement seemed suburb and the squad leaders all seemed organized just like we are used to in 7cav.

garrisons.jpg

Our team (ALLIES) was able to take the lead and the center point fairly quick due some flanking of the point facing south through the F & H quadrants. 3 squads were assigned garrison build tasks (before the game) and garrisons popped up very fast. By average 6-7 garrisons were used for defense of the middle point and 1 garrison and 2-3 OP's were used for offensive pressure. This forced the enemy to stay on defense and not bring all their troops to the front line.

Our Squad (squad 2) was a flex squad that shifted between offense and defense depending on the commanders need. This was also were the 2 OP's came in very handy.

Right around the 15min remainder marker the enemy was forced to put more focus on offense since the end of the game was nearing and as we know it takes a occupancy majority in warfare. This shift caused them to loose the ST. MARIE DU MONT point around the 12 min marker and the garrisons that they had build on offensive territory. Early in the game they had 1 puma tank and around 5-10 men defending the church @ ST. Marie.

Summary:
In my opinion a well organized event. It's not always easy to manage and line up a hundred players, divide them over teams and have a well organized event. I've been taking notes for sure. Personally I had fun playing with 32 kills on offense and I was pleased with the way everything was organized and conducted.

Hope to see you all at the next event! Keep an eye open on the EVENTS CALENDAR for upcoming events

With kind regards,

PFC.Smithson

sig-smiths11on.png

Mix.C

Major
Active Duty
B/2-7 HQ
S3 HQ
RRD Staff
Local time
4:36 AM
Great report. The seven man tactic described here is exactly what we train in Airborne.

Smithson.R

Corporal
Active Duty
1/C/ACD
Local time
6:36 AM
Great report. The seven man tactic described here is exactly what we train in Airborne.
It was completely new to me but I love it’s impact!!