7th Cavalry Gaming

Join the Tactical Gaming Excellence

Announcement 2021 Stack Up Charity Campaign

• What is Stack-Up.Org?

https://stackup.org

Stack-Up is a charity founded by a veteran of the U.S. Army, Stephen Machuga. It initially started by sending video games and gaming equipment overseas to service men and women deployed. Their motto is 'Veterans are Our Mission. Gaming is Our Passion.' One of their core beliefs is that video gaming can have a positive impact on mental health. They now have four main program areas.

Tt5ZaUx6ZhokPp8ypziOgoscm58lvxcJSlPLpQ5h_XrS5YDvWqGhWVY9yrjMyvnZ6m82xoHZEO4EMyI8gLqiQyeqr-8ikG3I9x43JTh_PCvSoxw99tbguIg3cDIeTzL4wFjXQ_vT

• Supply Crate Program

Serving members can register to become eligible for a Supply Crate for their unit deployed. Instead of receiving second-hand romance novels, your unit could be un-crating a care package full of video gaming and nerd goodness. They also send packages to hospitals and VA centers.

2hfphY7XwIvE996L8yoI3sgc3Na7kXbF9OOsGdhshQ9pdpctfOBv4xlxKwxg4fMGQKTSCirzXPCv6nm8sWpMns7xNKeVtLRaUBiymEN0wizYSGylJNGBWJR6_Y6GwQjKug1VYUzb

zz6MgnRtEvScTNQFUTTDV8K1FMqZ0jreddA9u70vP79EpKrIf6G-rlra8KP5PoHttT0hREx3keviRVgB5wYzAuwGE5J9V22eLBLDGA6uFxr5Qjc7UstJ3B7p2bbnxdDXpBr3NJp_

a5TCdTmb8QcE0o1IwnQbvaGBmhQYr5459bRqNc1yFo4MzMSqJ26b3MmM7Htxfm5To_3tlGMVTIErYLl0Fqb2jC1rr6Tsf7za6SAubJBEuhmudLn4oZ3pbnyJluZBhfwHudRqpyCY

• Air Assault Program

Stack-Up handpicks deserving serving members and veterans and pays for them to attend video game and geek culture events such as E3, PAX, ComiCon, and a host of others around the U.S. People can nominate serving members or veterans for the program.

9LFBI4_li4i9hybfDxf5tZXr91lHu5fD4xYjsHa3hIN4phlQKu6lAQQtvHm9WnilH4oSwy0wncGkwP0qv8iCsmDCwQ1AgQAP-UzzgifxVt5Bem7QOJzupO4maHX0JCTGl8KFtQiH

QbIG4wOt9G7RAWwFReB30YCzLM5w6Xg6OlwJTKxfK43pkXTN5kUH59YvgpPkIUc9RtfQHpAW8nLhoH8DzV2JUlZFyaEmOLAUXFi6HAeFgVaYxgj-pE-jIXFP2GxLNXrUzvrQFq8r

• The StOP Initiative

The StOP Squad is trained and certified specifically to assist in crisis intervention, suicide prevention, and issues concerning the mental health of those in current or previous military duty and civilians. They have trained and certified crisis counselors available 24/7/365 through their Discord Server. You can join the server and message one of the StOP Squad quickly and easily.

Capture.JPG

http://discord.gg/stackupdotorg

• The Stacks Program

Stack-Up has 'Stacks' throughout North America and the world. Being a U.S. based charity the majority of the stacks are in the U.S. The stacks are local support groups and focal points for fundraising and supporting volunteer work.

TxrkNI9yUPLUMjhqGLI8ffwXBvv6nPxLM06DkvYSOdAOtduasV6Zx11r1nsfvX7S-nUT7ri677ppC_IVfoXfH_zKAZd_R-ffwcn70-FKJRRKkIYtcKwi0fT0ZGUv7LPvZBdSwOE7

I4yqRuTscQuSZS8r5wp3O4DKIndJkxDKm_VeW-Xv9pyRvMgDaExE0I41tzfVdS5XSi4cWnQ8eokYWq_g1CH4R8Um56hbne9uzvrJKd31_Tc0EBFsecMVK8qRQDpc8EhOAbFWgVsu

Why and How are We Supporting Stack-Up?

We support Stack-Up because it is a worthwhile cause and their values closely align with our own. We support our active-duty service members, veterans and civilian gamers alike. Our members can register or be nominated to take advantage of the Supply Crate and Air Assault programs. The 24/7/365 crisis counselors are available via their discord server to talk to anyone who needs to talk but wants to do it anonymously and because it's discord, it's easy.

How we are going to support them is as follows:
  • We will have their logo on our front page, linking to this post to drive awareness.
  • We will be running a fundraising event in November to raise funds for them. From 01 FEB 21 until 31 DEC 21, we will be asking our members to reach out to friends and family to raise money to support the organization. Our goal for fundraising is $2,500.00. With the level of dedication and effort we do as a brotherhood I feel that this is easily achievable as last year we raised over $2,125.00. As this is just the current goal, there is nothing saying we cannot push farther and lead at the front lines with the Yellow and Black!

Setup and Registration

If you have any questions about this or would like to help out in any way, please feel free to contact me.

Also if you have any streaming questions or any questions regarding Stack-Up please feel free to contact Deity#3901 aka Sean. He will be more than happy to help with any issues regarding streaming.
sean.k@stack-up.org
https://twitter.com/Deity7

Thanks,

Last edited:

Stetchkov.A

Major
Active Duty
COS HQ
S6 HQ
WAG Staff
Local time
12:51 AM
Can we get an update on who has taken the reigns on this since Windeck discharged? I would like to see us continue to raise more funds, especially since this is supposed to go until the end of the year and I am willing to step up to assist in getting this off the ground again if needed.

Local time
10:51 PM
Can we get an update on who has taken the reigns on this since Windeck discharged? I would like to see us continue to raise more funds, especially since this is supposed to go until the end of the year and I am willing to step up to assist in getting this off the ground again if needed.

I believe Larouche and I were going to meet to discuss, but there were some scheduling and work conflicts. I am very excited to continue to work with everyone here and support any events you eventually may do. That said, Whoever will be the team captain going forward I can meet with and move into that role. Very happy to do this. My Discord ID is Deity#3901 so feel free to DM me there.

Budd.D

Colonel
Active Duty
Start-Ups HQ
ACD HQ
RRD HQ
Local time
12:51 AM
I believe Larouche and I were going to meet to discuss, but there were some scheduling and work conflicts. I am very excited to continue to work with everyone here and support any events you eventually may do. That said, Whoever will be the team captain going forward I can meet with and move into that role. Very happy to do this. My Discord ID is Deity#3901 so feel free to DM me there.
Would it be possible for us to have maybe 2-3 captains? Share the responsibility some.

Local time
Our General Staff leadership is probably the best contact for something like this. Chance.JT Kleinman.H Ryan.B Burgundy.C Baeder.S Jarvis.A
That's perfectly fine. I'm happy to continue to work with you all and whoever is assigned as lead.

Interesting question about multiple captains. Short answer: not yet, but we hear it's a feature that's coming so we'll explore that with you guys once it's implemented.

In the mean time, I'm back at it after a hectic Summer (Sorry for the late reply here because of that chaos), but I'm back plugged in and ready to meet with whomever is the new POC for 7th Cav. I'm also always available to answer any questions you guys have, though my fastest response will be a Discord DM (Deity#3901).

Best to you all, and thank you all for your continued support to Veterans with Stack Up!

Sean

Local time
Popping back in here to see if I can get a fresh contact and perhaps a meeting set up with the 7th Cav leadership - I'd love to bring some information to you all and make sure you are all supported. If you have a Discord I'd be willing to join it so we can stay in communication that way as well!

Separately, I just wanted to make sure that 7th Cav was aware that you all (collectively) sponsored a Supply Crate out to a Veteran earlier in the year - I just wanted to make sure you all received and were able to disseminate that information (so just checking).

Thank you all for your continued support as a gaming organization - I've enjoyed working with 7th Cav over the last 2+ years as your liaison, and I'm always willing to make your experience with us, and my support to you all, better.

Best,

Sean/Deity

Babcock.R

2nd Lieutenant
Retired
Local time
11:51 PM
Signed up and donated

Local time
Hey there 7th Cav!

I'm inquiring to see if there's interest from your organization to once again take up the Call to Arms for Veterans mental health with Stack Up. You've been such great partners over the years and I'd love to reconnect and get you all involved again. My contact info is still all the same, so please just let me know! I'll through some DMs out as well.

Thank you all for your support to us in the past!

Best,

Sean/Deity