War Room

Discussion in 'Public General Discussion' started by Variable.A, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Variable.A

Variable.A Reservist Discharged

Hey Gents,

As some of you know there is a game in early development. It covers areas most of you could find interesting. Game will be based around Afghanistan War and can be placed in an RTS genre a bit similar to Wargame but not quite. Player will control units from a campaign satellite map or drone feed. There will be no direct micromanagement of individual troops like ordering a squad to move from position A to position B but a more general commander like tasks system where individual units will move autonomously.

I will use this forum to keep you updated in case you wish to track progress and perhaps help in testing once the moment comes.
    For now to give you some insight I am attaching some artwork made for the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Easson.T, Graton.M, Morrow.J and 5 others like this.
  2. Childs.J

Childs.J C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S5 - Livestream, S3 - Arma 3 Pub Operations Staff
    looks neat

3. Freak.N

Freak.N Private First Class Discharged

My Ptsd will hate me but that looks and sounds amazing

4. Black.A

Black.A Staff Sergeant Discharged

I tried finding more information but was unable. Does the developer have a news feed to keep consumers up to date? I would love to read more.

Freak.N likes this.
  5. Freak.N

ive been looking and havent found anything.. im gonna keep searching

6. Blackburn.J

Blackburn.J Major Retired Member

I'm a simple man; I see wargame's successor, I upvote.

Nexhex.A and Freak.N like this.
  7. Raeder.U

Raeder.U B/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S2 - Investigator, S3 - Arma 3 Operations Staff
    I'm curious about where you heard about this from, because I couldn't find anything and I tend to believe I'm fairly proficient at google-foo.

Nonetheless, the concept sounds promising.

Freak.N likes this.
  8. Variable.A

I can guarantee it is being worked on :)
    When there is more to share I will share it. You will not hear about it for another 8-10 months other than here. If all goes well Cav will have a first row seat in progress and testing. That's a promise.

9. Freak.N

I would love to get hands on with that..so if that's true im sending you a stripper in a birthday cake lol..

Variable.A likes this.
  10. Variable.A

Small steps. This is still animated art render but game quality will be strongly based on that. In fact on a much larger scale.

11. Raeder.U

Raeder.U B/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S2 - Investigator, S3 - Arma 3 Operations Staff
    Exciting stuff, keep the news coming!

12. Borenstein.B

Borenstein.B C/1-7 ASL Sergeant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S5 - Public Relations
    Sick! I thought they declared RTS dead and I was sad about it. This looks fun.

13. vanderHulst.T

vanderHulst.T C/1-7 Platoon Staff 2nd Lieutenant Active Member

14. Black.A

Black.A Staff Sergeant Discharged

Call to arms was so frustrating but a cool idea.

15. Variable.A

While War room might end up looking in some respects similar to games like Wargame, Call to Arms, MOW, it is a much different game.
    First of all there will be no direct control of individual units in regards to their precise position on the map. As a player you are more focused on macro management than micro. There will be no first person perspective. Player issues general mission orders and designates force size for those missions (patrol, assault objective, HaM, supply, medevac, etc). As the game progresses you unlock further units but eventually end up with 1000 of them on the map at the same time.
    Map is 32x32km of playable and live terrain which is much larger than what most RTS offer.
    You experience the battlefield from satellite and drone feed the later you have to deploy which means its not a quick click scroll rotate terrain type of camera control. You do not control the drone flight either but have small control related to its camera. Art i shown represents the drone feed and mission concepts but lacks HUD, and proper camera angles that player will experience.

Strike.C, Easson.T and Black.A like this.
  16. Burton.P

Burton.P C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S5 - Public Relations, S3 - Arma 3 TAS Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 Ranger School Instructor
    This kinda reminds me a bit of Tom Clancy's end war. But that was very micromanaged too. Looks great!

Easson.T likes this.
  17. Variable.A

18. Variable.A

First screen from the game folks (not art). It still lacks UI but this is the very first peak into proper graphics of the game. Steam page should be up by Veterans Day if all goes well. Release late 2020.

[​IMG]where do forensic anthropologists work

Geki.T and Summerfield.P like this.
  19. Hughes.J

Hughes.J Sergeant Retired Member

Been desperately hoping even a mild argument breaks out in this thread so I could use “Gentlemen. You can’t fight in here. This is the War Room!” But alas...

Black.A likes this.
  20. Centeno.JP

Centeno.JP C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

I like pie more than cake.

Hughes.J likes this.