Vac

Discussion in 'Issues with the 7th Cavalry' started by Vex.W, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vex.W

Vex.W New Recruits Recruit Active Member

I've got a vac ban from when I was 13 years old. I am currently not employed and don't wish to purchase Arma 3 and all its DLC again. I cheated once and haven't since. The ban was on Call of Duty MW2 and I dont plan on cheating at all.

I ask that it be manually reviewed. I'd like to join but this is the only thing keeping me from doing so.

Dionisio.B likes this.
  2. Jarvis.A

Jarvis.A S6 Executive Officer Captain Active Member

I’m sorry, but we don’t take exceptions for VAC bans.

3. Vex.W

Vex.W New Recruits Recruit Active Member

I've been playing on Tactical Realism 1 for 3-4 years. Basically since I started playing Arma 3. I still go on every now and again but Tac 2's mods have kept me interested for the last 3 months.

Savage.T likes this.
  4. Jarvis.A

I don’t see what this has to do with my response, but we don’t take exceptions for VAC bans.

Wildfire.N likes this.
  5. @Jarvis.A. I mean no disrespect when I say what I'm about to say, but:

HAS THE CAV LOST IT'S COLLECTIVE MIND?!

You guys don't exactly seem like you want people to join anymore... I barely see or hear any recruiters give the "If you want more activities like this you should join the cav." I'm not kidding when I say: I'm the last person I've heard say "Don't forget to join the Cav" at a Tac-2 AAR...

Vex is not only attempting to help better Tac-2's Code and Mission files [where he is allowed to help], but he's a damn good guy to have around. Legitimately he IS the kind of person the Cav always talks about wanting and needing more of, but you're telling him he can't Join in the fun unless he goes and purchases stuff he already owns. [And can't afford. <- I know how this is Vex - I don't join cause my computer can't even technically run Arma and it's embarrassing to admit that publicly. I say Good for you for the effort!]

This is a serious problem [In my eyes] for the Cav, and I'll tell you why:
    We're not talking an easy $60 or something... We're talking $192.88 CAD [Before Taxes] to fully re-purchase Arma 3, Apex, and all the DLC's. All of this just to then be able to apply to enlist... That's beyond harsh, that's literal insanity...

A Vac ban could've literally happened from nothing. It couldn't be a more vile and useless way to determine if someone is actually an unsavory character... Not to mention: I know for a fact that there are some other regulars who also can't join the Cav because of the Call-Of-Duty Mass Accidental VAC Ban a few years back, and they just don't have that kind of money to re-buy a game they already own.

On-top of this; I know you have several VAC banned individuals who are members of the Cav, but when they play with you they use a separate account. [Because they can afford it.] The general public can find these things out, and you aren't fooling anyone by making members have "Clean" accounts to go with their VAC Banned accounts. All you're saying is that it's okay to cheat - So long as you can afford to re-purchase arma when you do...

This rule might protect you from the odd hooligan, [Which it doesn't at all.] but by having no investigation process for great people like Vex?

Well that just means you are turning down the very people the Cav wants, and you guys are doing it to prop up an ideal that is fundamentally flawed. No one; I repeat No one is going to look at the Cav and see that maybe a handful of hundreds had a vac ban. Which again: Anyone even slightly savvy will tell you that could be from a plethora of dumb things unrelated to anything except that they happened to log in at the wrong time.

The Cav and Vex are both losing out because of a choice like this, and let's be honest: Who's really looking at your individual member's steam accounts to find maybe one guy cheated once, and more importantly: Why do you care about some creep who has the time to look through 400 some-odd members individually on steam and say "OH MY GOD ONE OF THEM GOT VAC BANNED ONE TIME!!!!!"

Again - No offense is meant by this post; I'm just calling it like I see it, just like I would in an AAR:
    This is a Tragic Example of Bureaucracy blocking great potential within the Cav for no reason other than, "It's always been that way."

6. Jarvis.A

Thank you for coming to our forums and for taking the time to write your lengthy reply.

Out of respect, I’ll be writing a longer response for you. Just give me some time to formulate a response.

For now, I’d advise the Cav members ‘liking’ the response to perhaps review the last CSC recording which had this exact issue raised.

7. Argus.J

Argus.J Command Sergeant Major CSM Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Officer In Charge, S3 - Arma 3 SOI Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 TCS Instructor, S5 - Public Relations
    Alcon;

We take feedback from our members and public players seriously. The General Staff have reviewed our policies regarding game and VAC bans and have made the following adjustment to our minimum requirements for enlistment:

10. Must not have a VAC or Game Ban on record for any reason within the last 5 years.

Thank you for your input, it stimulated a conversation that has helped us move forward in a better way.

The CSM

8. Jarvis.A

I said I’d have a response!

Welcome @Vex.W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.