StackUp.Org Veteran's Day Fundraiser - DONATE NOW!

Discussion in 'Public Announcements' started by Argus.J, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Argus.J

Argus.J Command Sergeant Major CSM Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Officer In Charge, S3 - Arma 3 SOI Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 TCS Instructor, S5 - Public Relations, Regimental Recruiting - AO Recruitment Lead, Regimental Recruiting - Processing Clerk
    [​IMG]

Amount Raised So Far: $3743.00 USD / Goal: $6,000 ($20 per member)

TL;DR:
    • We're raising funds for StackUp.Org, an amazing charity that supports active and prior service members and veterans through gaming!
    • Anyone can participate.
    • Members will be eligible for the StackUp Donation Medal!
    • Let's take it to the next level and show the gaming community how an amazing community like ours can make an impact in the real world!

Donations are live!!! Our goal is $6,000 USD, roughly $20 per active member. We're not simply asking you to make a donation, we're asking you to go to friends, family and even your employers to raise money for this fantastic charity. Who could say no to veterans?? We don't want to meet this goal, we want to BLOW IT OUT OF THE WATER! We want to show this great charity and the rest of the milsim community how the Cav rolls. ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE! Former members, regular players on the servers or anyone that wants to help us knock our goal out of the park!

As to the why of supporting StackUp.Org, ask anyone who has served overseas what downtime is like in between missions or operations. Sheer boredom. Too much time to think. Gaming has a real impact on mental health, both in the service and out. Stack-Up.Org was founded by soldiers who served in combat and who know what it's like when you have too much time on your hands and are stuck in your head.

They send our active duty and prior service members games and equipment to help them get through the downtime and out of their heads. They take deserving veterans to conferences such as ComiCon, E3 and others, giving them a once-in-a-lifetime experience. They provide 24/7/365 crisis counseling via their discord server and they have support groups set up throughout the world that act as focal points for support and volunteer work.

Even if you never served a day in uniform, as gamers, we can all relate to the value of the bonds we make through gaming in a community and how gaming helps us get through life's challenges.

How to Donate

Go to https://stackup.org/donate and make your donation via credit card or paypal.

VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure you do the following:

1. In the Comments section, copy and paste this text:

2. Screenshot your completed donation and send it to me in a PM, OR forward the email receipt to 7cavtraining@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Tips on Fundraising

Some important points to note for approaching people to raise funds for this:
    • Be clear about what you are asking for and why. Explain what StackUp.Org https://stackup.org is all about and direct them to the website for more information.
    • Many employers have matching donation programs. Ask your employer or use this handy tool to check and see if your employer has a matching program: https://doublethedonation.com/stackup

In the United States, a donation receipt can be used with your taxes for donations over $250 USD. You can request a donation receipt on the StackUp.Org website using their contact form. StackUp.Org TAX ID: 47-5424265

A Cav Thank You!

As a thank you for your efforts to raise funds for this charity, the Cav will be issuing the following medals in support of the campaign. Members who raise money will be awarded one of the following medals:

STACKUP DONATION MEDAL
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Medal: $20-$49Bronze Knot: $50-$99Silver Knot: $100-$199Gold Knot: $200+

Questions, Comments, Concerns...

Please feel free to reply in this thread with any questions you may have. Let's do this!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Kelso.M and Hughes.J like this.
  2. Damico.D

Damico.D C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

How long is this donation period running for again?

3. Hughes.J

Hughes.J S1 Clerk Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Operational Clerk
    Ends November 11th.

4. Argus.J

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Officer In Charge, S3 - Arma 3 SOI Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 TCS Instructor, S5 - Public Relations, Regimental Recruiting - AO Recruitment Lead, Regimental Recruiting - Processing Clerk
    Until 11 NOV 18 - Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day.

5. Sharkey.D

Sharkey.D Master Sergeant Retired Member

Always happy to donate for a good cause.

6. Thumper.N

Thumper.N A/1-7 Platoon Staff 2nd Lieutenant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 TCS Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 ACE Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 TAS Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 Ranger School Instructor
    @Argus.J - Total noob to this. How do I get the money I got from folks (basically family) donated via my tiltify account? I assume I'm missing something.

7. Argus.J

Secondary Billets:
    There's a couple ways Thump:

1. Put the money in your bank account, use your Tiltify account and donate the correct amount to the campaign.
    2. Have family/friends create a tiltify account and point them to the donate link in this post.

8. Thumper.N

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 TCS Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 ACE Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 TAS Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 Ranger School Instructor
    Thanks, option number 1 is what I'm having trouble with...maybe because it's from my phone? Not sure.

9. Argus.J

Secondary Billets:
    Maybe just wait til you get to your computer :)

Thumper.N likes this.
  10. Wildfire.N

Wildfire.N S5 Officer in Charge Major Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    JAG - Clerk
    Donated

11. Savage.T

Savage.T F/1-7 Commander Captain Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S5 - Public Relations, Military Police - Staff, Regimental Recruiting - Senior Staff Lead
    Donated and accounted for!

12. Barton.E

Barton.E B/1-7 Trooper Private First Class Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Milpacs Clerk, S3 - Arma 3 TAS Instructor
  13. Argus.J

Secondary Billets:
    15% of the way there! Keep the donations rolling in! Any questions, just yell!

14. Thumper.N

Secondary Billets:
    Hey boss, I'm apparently not getting. I can't seem to get the donation in. I'll ping you on TS if I see you.

15. Savage.T

Savage.T F/1-7 Commander Captain Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S5 - Public Relations, Military Police - Staff, Regimental Recruiting - Senior Staff Lead
  16. Argus.J

Secondary Billets:
    25% of the way there! Shoutout to everyone who has donated so far! Thank you! Keep it rollin Cav.

17. Argus.J

Secondary Billets:
    The Tiltify site is having technical issues. Hold off on donations for several days. I will advise.

Childs.J likes this.
  18. Childs.J

Childs.J C/1-7 ASL Sergeant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 Pub Operations Staff
    Yea, the couple of us from the op haven't put our money in yet

19. Wildfire.N

Wildfire.N S5 Officer in Charge Major Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    JAG - Clerk
    Let keep these coming in fellas and ladies! We dont miss our goals here in the Cav!

20. Childs.J

Childs.J C/1-7 ASL Sergeant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 Pub Operations Staff
    Tiltify issues still I think