M1 Abrams Replacement sugestion

Discussion in 'Public Suggestion Box' started by Lamb.J, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Lamb.J

Lamb.J B/1-7 ASL Sergeant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 Operations Staff
    Hello all,

A general concern I felt needed to be addressed, is the possibility about the replacement of the M1A2 Abrams tanks from RHS with the vanilla Leopard 2A6 from the AAF as the fire control system is bugged on the Abrams due to the tanks DLC being introduced to ARMA 3.

As an advent tank lover, I love all tanks. I especially love the Abrams. However I have noticed some technical as well as some realistic concerns regarding this possible change that I feel needs to be brought to attention.

1. Statistical facts between vanilla and RHS
    When it comes to the statistics between the vanilla tanks and the RHS tanks, the staggering superiority belongs to the vanilla. RHS armor ratings for vehicles are significantly lower than vanilla armor ratings. I put this to the test, utilizing some of the vanilla tanks against RHS tanks. The vanilla were able to one shot many of the vehicles, including the Abrams. Even hitting the strongest point on the front armor penetrated. While the RHS vehicles, needed several shots in order to even do the slightest amount of damage to the Merkava or Leopard 2. RHS and vanilla vehicles were never really designed to face each other.

2. U.S and acquisition of such tanks
    Because the United States has a self sufficient and independent military, a majority of all U.S land and armored vehicles are produced here in America. Because we have our own self sufficient army, I see no reason as to why the U.S would switch it's MBT program. Along with the fact the M1 Abrams is the workhorse of the U.S army, to replace it with imported tanks would bee too cost effective.

While I understand the issue is with the fire control system and sights being off, I don't really see it as a problem in the long run. I have sent a message to RHS in regards to the issue and they are currently looking into it. In the meantime, I believe this mod would be much more suitable:

[DISCONTINUED] Burnes Armories M1A1 and M1A2 Abrams:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876527487

This mod utilizes better Abrams statistics which are on par with RHS systems. While textures are a slight concern, I believe these can be corrected with custom textures and added skins. Not only does it add an accurate Abrams interior to the vehicle, it also has better fire control system and good crew commander capabilities.

Until the RHS tanks are fixed, I would like to propose this as an alternative to the vanilla tanks.

2. Miller.B

Miller.B B/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Milpacs Lead
    This is already a thing Lamb. We are officially using the Leopard until RHS is fixed!

3. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Would it be possible to see if this mod is useable with our mods list? I feel this would be a much better asset if it can be put through its paces

4. Miller.B

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Milpacs Lead
    That's up to the people that compile the model pack, but due to it being discontinued, I dont know if the cav would take this on.

5. Tharen.R

Tharen.R 1-7 Commander Major Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Officer In Charge
    All good suggestions, but we tend to not support discontinued mods for obvious reasons since they are no longer actively supported.

The differences between vanilla tanks and RHS tanks are also well known and currently outweigh the inability to hit anything through no fault of the crew. This is hopefully temporary. 1/B/1-7 and B/1-7 personnel have also submitted tickets to RHS in the past too. Hopefully, something comes from your latest RHS ticket, but nothing has yet from previous ones after 6 months to a year+.

6. Lamb.J

Secondary Billets:
    Gotcha. This might take some getting used to...…..*inhales* My American pride...…...wil make this hard to accept. But I will mourn

7. Miller.B

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Milpacs Lead
    We will mourn with you:( I like the American tank too!

Flint.D likes this.