Impersonation of General Staff

Discussion in 'Hotline bulletin board' started by Burgundy.C, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burgundy.C

Burgundy.C Chief of Staff Major General Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    WAG OIC, SPD - Lead
    There is a screenshot making the rounds lately, and in that the Regimental staff want to be more transparent, it merits a response. I was not really sure were to begin, so I will be direct.

This isn't GOA Chance. It's an obvious impersonator using his name to post stupid, edgy, racist remarks.

Categorically, we do not condone this sort of public behavior within the regimental staff, and as GOA Chance has vehemently denied this I would hope that the regiment would consider his past and realize that this is merely a baseless image taken four months ago from an unaffiliated discord server that has both members and non-members. As an aside, I'm also fairly certain I know who was impersonating him and it isn't even a member.

As always, any and all are invited to chat with me or your CoC. We want to give you all a chance to ask questions, just as we did at the previous CSC.

This is your regiment. Let's work together to make it work.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. Parsons.B

Parsons.B 2-7 Commander Lieutenant Colonel Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    WAG Administrator, S3 - Squad SOI Instructors, Regimental Recruiting - AO Recruitment Lead
    Im gonna take a stab at this.

While clarifying that the "Chance.JT" in that picture was not actually our GOA was good to clear up for the record.

I think the larger point here is being missed. The rumour mill is at full speed right now regarding what happens in that discord, and the issue with rumours is they are often over exaggerated or taken out of context to make them sound a lot worse then they actually are. The fact that nobody has tried to clarify any of the gossip that is flying around is only making it worse. With something like this, saying nothing and hoping it goes away isnt going to work, especially on the heels of the previous issues in Regimental Staff. This needs to be directly addessed. While I understand this is a invite only, private discord, that has both 7cav and others in it, when this many 7cav members and especially with high rank are in it, it kinda doesnt matter if its official or not anymore.

I could be off base with this one, but judging on how people are talking, speaking up, and reacting, this is my take on it.

3. Rosefield.M

Rosefield.M 1-7 Executive Officer Lieutenant Colonel Active Member

Yes we can ignore it and yes it does matter if it is official or not

https://7cav.us/threads/other-discord-servers.48275/

Furthermore S2 and other SECOPS personal are explicitly told to not go to any social media isk site a member may belong to simply cause it is not under the Cavs purview, and has lead to over reach in the past up to doxxing.

Molyneux.E likes this.
  4. Savage.T

Savage.T Corporal DD

Then why was I VCSed by Ratcliff? For said discord.

I went straight to Burgundy and he said to continue with the VCS.

Why was it only me? When everyone else was just as bad?????

This is why I originally discharged and left my post at Fox Co

5. Collins.G

Collins.G SPD Technical staff CW2 Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - ODS Instructor
    That sounds like something you should do take up your chain of command and not post on the forums because guess what? That’s what the chain is for.

6. Savage.T

Savage.T Corporal DD

I may have cracked some Muslim jokes. But I never laughed at a Lifetime achiever for discharging and I never made jokes about Arlington.

7. Savage.T

Savage.T Corporal DD

Nah this is bullshit. Rules for me. Not rules for anyone else.

8. Collins.G

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - ODS Instructor
    Well, there you go breaking another rule. @Burgundy.C - you still administrate the SP right? Would you please review the above?

Naman.C and LaCombe.M like this.
  9. Thumper.N

Thumper.N Corporal Retired Member

Technically, yes, we can ignore it but we have a bigger issue of perception.

Personally what folks do outside of the Cav, and Cav official mediums, I couldn't care less so long as we maintain the standards the Cav requires. However IF the rumors are true then this specific discord is debased and morally wrong even from a societal level. That said there is no proof of the rumors, hence why they are called rumors. Addressing those would be a good idea to put people at ease or just for transparency.

Naman.C, Ratcliff.M and Collins.G like this.
  10. Savage.T

Savage.T Corporal DD

Rules for me not rules for thee

11. Thumper.N

@Savage.T - You aren't going to get anywhere by attacking people or forum posting if you have an issue. Gareth is right.

Naman.C and Collins.G like this.
  12. Rosefield.M

It is not incumbent of those accused of base less rumors to clear themselves.

Collins.G likes this.
  13. Savage.T

Savage.T Corporal DD

Say what you want but I was used as a scapegoat.

The only one to get in trouble. It's bullshit

14. Thumper.N

True. But public perception is a powerful thing. If those in leadership aren't trusted based on a perception, right or wrong, it may be a good idea to address that perception even if they aren't required to. Personally I think perception is crap and people should ask for the truth so they aren't assuming, and if the truth isn't given then that leads to more of a negative perception.

Naman.C and Rosefield.M like this.
  15. Thumper.N

Remember PSY 101, perception is 9/10 of someone's reality.

16. Collins.G

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - ODS Instructor
    That’ll be count two. It’s almost like complaining in a public medium not using the chain of command and using abusive or illicit language in accordance with the general orders, UCMJ and code of conduct is punishable by the non judicial punishment clauses of the UCMJ, to which you profess you are treated against incorrectly.

Looking forward to seeing that rightfully earned NCS on your milpac.

Wesson.R likes this.
  17. Savage.T

Savage.T Corporal DD

You're incredible.

You mention UCMJ... This is a video game get real and grow up

18. Rosefield.M

Thanks for proving my point at the end there

Collins.G and Ratcliff.M like this.
  19. LaCombe.M

LaCombe.M C/1-7 Commander Captain Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Executive Officer, S3 - ODS Instructor
    Locked. Might not be within my scope but this is getting seriously out of hand.

Graton.M likes this.
  20. Ratcliff.M

Ratcliff.M A/1-7 Platoon Staff 1st Lieutenant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    Recruiting Oversight Office OIC, S6 - Game Clerk

You leaked extremely person information about a another Cav member that you had access to after being directly asked not to. This was a decision made by multiple members of your CoC and as you stated upheld by the CoS.

Do not blame me or anyone else for your discharge, you did that to yourself after realizing someone was gonna hold you accountable for your terrible behavior.

Easson.T, Naman.C, Corveaux.A and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.