Local time
1:22 PM
Whitsel.M added a new event:

[ARMA 3][24h Operation] Operation Prairie Fire - 08MAY21 - 1900Z

THIS IS A 24 HOUR OPERATION
AO : Cam Lao Nam

BRIEFING :
Good morning, Vietnam!!

Established on 24 January 1964, Military Assistance Command Vietnam, Studies and Observation Group (MACV-SOG) was a joint service unconventional task force that conducted highly classified capture, search and rescue, personnel recovery, sabotage, psychological warfare, and strategic reconnaissance missions in South Vietnam, North Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. Organized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a subordinate command of MACV, SOG operated under the guise of a staff agency, with personnel held officially under the 5th Special Forces Group's roster. SOG included elements from the US Army Special Forces, USMC Force Recon, the Navy Seals, and the US Air Force's 14th Special Operations Wing, not to mention a plethora of mercenary troops. SOG was in fact controlled by the Special Assistant for Counterinsurgency and Special Activities (SACSA) and his staff at the Pentagon. Its mission against Hanoi was divided into functional areas which were initiated by the CIA and conducted four primary covert missions: agent networks and deception; covert maritime raids, psychological operations; and cross-border operations against the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

SOG had five numbered divisions: OP31 was maritime operations, OP32 was SOG's private air force, OP33 supervised psychological warfare, OP34 focused on sending agents into the North, and OP35, SOG's biggest and most interesting activity, conducted cross-border reconnaissance. First, recon teams would be inserted into Laos and Cambodia to identify NVA Headquarters, base camps, and supply caches. Once found they would be attacked by airstrikes that were called in by the recon teams. Next, a company-sized "Hatchet Force" would raid the uncovered enemy sites to capture enemy personnel, conduct bomb damage assessments, emplace wiretaps and electronic sensors, and take photographs. SOG's central focus was to take the fight directly to the enemy, where he operated virtually unscathed with sanctuaries in Laos and Cambodia. To this end, Donald Blackburn, SOG's first chief, began sending teams into Laos in 1966. Operation Prarie Fire was initiated to learn precisely what the Ho Chi Minh Train entailed, and to deny Hanoi easy access to Laos as a base from which to launch operations into South Vietnam.

Read more about this event...

Last edited:

Ocean.M

Sergeant First Class
Retired
Local time
7:22 PM
We are still working out slots and mission details, but fee free to reply here for tentative slotting

Nexhex.A

Command Sergeant Major
CSM
Active Duty
Regimental HQ
WAG HQ
Local time
kMLkAYe.gif

Kastor.K

Corporal
Active Duty
2/A/1-7
S3 Staff
Local time
5:22 PM
I would like to attend, GUNSLINGER-1 SL, for at least a few hrs :D

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
Not running Saber, i'm disappointed. :cool:

Hobbs.T

Major
Retired
Local time
5:22 PM
Ill be here as buff-1!!

Lucander.P

Corporal
Active Duty
2/B/1-7 SL/ASL
Local time
Still could happen... they said slots are subject to change :D
that was aimed at Kastor.K. ^^

as i saw the Saber, as a choice for the post before.

Gann.T

Sergeant
Active Duty
2/C/1-7 SL/ASL
S7 Staff
Local time
I wouldike to attend as Gunslinger-6, Vunslinger-5, or Gunslinger-2. Just let me lead damnit :p

I'm just gonna leave this here. YOU GOT NEW LEGS LIEUTENANT GANN! "When I was a cadet lt."

Last edited:

Burton.P

Lieutenant Colonel
Retired
Wall of Honor
Local time
12:22 PM
I'll attend as Atlas 1 lead or Gun 1 lead.

Jupiter.J

First Sergeant
Active Duty
C/1-7 HQ
Local time
10:22 AM
I'll also be around for BUFF if there are open slots, if not i'll fill in where needed.

Goel.B

Sergeant First Class
Active Duty
1/B/1-7 HQ
NCOA
S6 Staff
Local time
2:22 PM
Oh Hell yeah! I would like to attend SGT.Goel.B A/2/B/2-7 Gun 1 CLS

Goel.B

Sergeant First Class
Active Duty
1/B/1-7 HQ
NCOA
S6 Staff
Local time
Is it open for pubs?

Goel.B

Sergeant First Class
Active Duty
1/B/1-7 HQ
NCOA
S6 Staff
Local time
Thanks, good to hear that. HLL have Cav only OPs on locked pub servers, that's why I asked.