2018 Arma 3 Public Modded Tactical Realism 2 Suggestions and Feedback

Discussion in 'Public General Discussion' started by Argus.J, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Argus.J

Argus.J Command Sergeant Major CSM Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Officer In Charge, S3 - Arma 3 SOI Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 TCS Instructor, S5 - Public Relations
    Please use this thread in 2018 for posting suggestions and feedback regarding the Tactical Realism 2 (TAC 2) server.

The modlist information is contained here: Tactical Realism 2 (TAC 2) Mod List

If you feel like your feedback has been missed or insufficiently answered, please CLICK HERE to contact the S3 Command Staff directly.

Thank you.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Greibrok.J and Carter.D like this.
  2. Vermeulen.A

Vermeulen.A C/1-7 Platoon Staff 1st Lieutenant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Executive Officer
    not sure if its arma or some specific mod, but i get some OUT_OF_MEMORY game crashes when playing sometimes.....

3. Greibrok.J

Greibrok.J C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 Pub Operations Staff
    How much RAM do you have?

4. Grey.V

Grey.V C/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - NCO In Charge
    Can the arsenal boxes be set so they aren't able to be ACE loaded into anything else?

The arsenal box on altis can be mistakenly loaded into a 'closed box' from which it cannot be removed.

Having hinds/ka-50s/hellcats spawn when there's only a handful of people on the server can make for a frustrating experience when your transport vic is strafed on the way to the AO. Could we set it so those spawn with a bigger server pop? Having QRF dispatched via mi-4s and transport trucks is enough of a challenge (for a small pop).

5. Lindsay.A

Lindsay.A A/1-7 Platoon Staff CW2 Active Member

1. Some of the maps have Blackhawks (among others aircraft but most notably UH-60's) that on map load in the aircraft is slightly too low and as a result the aircraft is always damaged so the flight crew has to drive the repair truck over or limp to the repair truck to fix it. Would be nice if we could fix it, leave the aircraft slightly high so if anything on map load they fall a few inches or even a foot. It won't hurt them and it won't be an issue anymore.

2. Can all of the repair trucks be set to spawn with a tool box in the inventory? You can't repair a vehicle without one and they take up quit a bit of space for something you can't use unless you are right beside the repair truck. It's pretty much useless elsewhere in the map. A better idea would to put as many toolboxes in the repair truck as you have vehicles and aircraft in the map so if someone takes one and forgets to put it back there are always plenty in there. Again you could put it in every vehicle but since you only need it by the repair truck, to my mind it makes the most sense to put a bunch of them in the repair trucks inventory and be done with it.

3. Would be nice to make it so zeus can spawn an arsenal box or air drop one. The only ones they can create in Tac 2 are the default ones and they don't really cut the mustard.

6. Greibrok.J

Secondary Billets:
    Zeus can create any type of arsenal they want. It can be a full arsenal like the one at base or limited. They have to go through a lot of items though if you want them to be limited.

7. Moen.B

Moen.B Corporal Retired Member

If possible, I would like the objective-locations (i.e. the red boxes) on Lythium to have a more random spawn. As of now, all of them are to the bottom south and to the west, which is fine if we are talking about distance from the base but it absolutely kills the potential that this map brings.

8. Greibrok.J

Secondary Billets:
    The only AOs done on that map are the AOs weve been doing. The reason we have so little is because we pushed the map out so Zeus can set up missions on there. The same is going to be done for the new maps that got added with the most recent modpack update (probably).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  9. Moen.B

Moen.B Corporal Retired Member

Okay, I thought you simply ran a script or something and the map could handle it itself. Thanks for the quick reply.

10. Lindsay.A

According to the guys Zeus'ing in Tac2 they said they couldn't spawn an Arsenal like we have at the base just an Arsenal box with a standard ammo loadout in it. Not sure why there seems to be two different stories but hopefully it can be resolved. As the default sling loading can be hit and miss and often you lose the load or it pulls the aircraft out of control once you get a number of people in a multiplayer map I was thinking if they could be spawned or transported over by the Blackhawk or Littlebird then we could pack them as internal cargo, unload them and let the troops load back up on supplies then repack in the helicopter and fly away. Obviously we wouldn't want to take the one away from the spawn but maybe if one or two could be added over by the helipads in the map by default then it would resolve the issue entirely?

Also while we are on the subject could the helicopters be made to spawn closer to the spawn point for the players. Sometimes its a 2-3 minute run just to get to the aircraft, inspect it and get it airborne. It already takes too long to get things going for example on an MCC this would help cut some of that time down?

11. Argus.J

Argus.J Command Sergeant Major CSM Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S1 - Officer In Charge, S3 - Arma 3 SOI Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 TCS Instructor, S5 - Public Relations
    The new ACE arsenal requires you to use ACE Interact to use it. A lot of people don't know this and so have thought they aren't working. I'm not saying that's the problem, but it could be.

Lindsay.A likes this.
  12. McGehee.K

McGehee.K Sergeant

Sounds like a miscommunication. Zeuses can make any object an arsenal but only an ACE arsenal. There is no way to get the old arsenal interface with the current setup.

It's possible that someone may have misunderstood and was talking about creating custom equipment boxes. There used to be a way to copy/paste equipment into a box but and Achilles/Ares update broke that functionality. The developer is aware and has a bug report on his github page. An example of when a zeus may use the copy/paste functionality is during an MCC when a resupply is requested. Currently, a zeus has to spawn a "Default" resupply box and manually add/delete items.

As for sling loading, it is very temperamental especially when it comes to desync. Someone from Alpha company can probably give more information on it's quirks but something I've noticed is that if you are sling loading something and someone in the chopper dysyncs a significant amount the load detaches. I usually try not to have anyone else in the bird when I sling load and then I rarely have issue.

I think having a script that spawns in a limited number of ammo/supply/vehicle ammo crates could be cool. You could fill them up and fly them in. Could be a good way to incorporate Apollo into Tac2.

As far as the helicopters I wonder about having a few ATVs in the airfield that are only operable by the pilots that are on a short respawn timer.

Lindsay.A likes this.
  13. Lindsay.A

Excellent thanks for the responses it helps clear up a bunch of questions also some good suggestions I had not considered as options.

What do you think about including toolkits in the repair trucks inventory so we don't have to carry them on our person?

14. Moraru.R

Moraru.R B/1-7 Trooper Corporal Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    Hi guys. Acknowledging some points raised.

- Home Base boxes should no longer be possible to be loaded into the ACE cargos of other containers

- The presence of enemy aircraft will be diminished by merit of the transition taking place, over numerous iterations, to a mission system where strategic level decisions both by players and by AI will gain relevance. An example of a strategic decision is choosing the next AO to contest.

- I've gone over the positions of helicopters and they should not be partially sunk anymore. Preventing that requires having them start partially elevated, they may be lightly damaged.

- I'll place a toolkit inside the resupply vehicles, something I have overlooked for a while.

- I think the Bohemia Interactive Virtual Arsenal is becoming deprecated within the ACE framework.

- Having AOs in different locations, having a variety of objectives inside AOs, =that's= the work. The map no more handles itself on that front than a movie makes itself all on its own Moen :)

- Also, for the bases where the aircraft are more spread out I can put down a few ATVs.

15. Lindsay.A

Excellent! Thanks Moraru!

16. Moraru.R

Secondary Billets:
    You should expect these revised mission files to hit Tac2 sometime later this coming weekend.

Afterwards, the new map addons will also be included, albeit in a simplified fashion initially, like Lythium is, with only a few AOs and only a few objectives inside AOs. These will be worked on for the long term. Aiming for a Saturday or Sunday sometime in February to send these up.

17. Greibrok.J

Secondary Billets:
    Is there something dumbing down the AI in the main AOs? They seem to immediately just stop working as soon as any enemy is detected. They just sit down prone and don't even try to flank. I think people would enjoy the main AOs more if they actually had something of a challenge. As it stands now all you have to do to clear an AO is sit on a hill 100 meters away and just take cover when you attract fire. Vehicles don't move to flank or engage and just sit to get shot at without returning fire. Engagement range doesn't seem to make an real effect until you get super close so optics aren't the issue.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  18. Moraru.R

Secondary Billets:
    Not anything from my end not deliberately. Have not seen the AI behave more poorly either in the last 1-2 weeks. I hope it's a fluke as I would not be able to fix this, not from the outside by using scripts.

19. Johnson.C

Johnson.C Corporal Discharged

Yeah... I'm with York on this issue...^

20. Tucker.C

Tucker.C C/1-7 Section Leader Staff Sergeant Active Member

Secondary Billets:
    S3 - Arma 3 SOI Instructor, S3 - Arma 3 Operations Staff, S3 - Arma 3 Pub Operations Staff
    Wait, wait... what's happened? I know Argus posted about an arsenal glitch earlier today -- could this be it? Or are we actually back to blacklisting weapons and equipment?